What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepotism Thread: Players who only got a go because of their father

thorson1987

Coach
Shannon McDonnell - father was recruitment manager at the Tigers for a while, absolute spud.

Holy shit how could I forget him. Grew up playing with and against him and was always one of the better players in our comp but never imagined he would play first grade.

Holy shit how could I forget him. Grew up playing with and against him and was always one of the better players in our comp but never imagined he would play first grade.

Spoke volumes that at about 23 he left the club and no other NRL clubs wanted a bar of him. Also spoke volumes that fans were adamant that Beau f**king Ryan was a much better winger.

2982810_1_M.jpg

Lol. Looks like the poor kid has had a stroke.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Spoke volumes that at about 23 he left the club and no other NRL clubs wanted a bar of him. Also spoke volumes that fans were adamant that Beau f**king Ryan was a much better winger.

Not disputing that he was crap but after leaving the Tigers, he went to the Knights and played 29 First Grade games there.

BM1979

Juniors
Freddy could have only got a job at channel nine because of Phillip Ronald Gould. (Although I am not sure Phillip is his father or a wannabe lover) I need 27 beers to have a clue WTF Freddy is saying.

Surely Hodges dad has to work at Fox Sports somewhere aswell

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Regrettably nepotism is all throughout our game. I know back in Townsville, it is important young guys play for Brothers (or to a lesser extent Centrals). If you don't play for Brothers, you can kiss (junior) representative selection and Cowboys scholarships good bye.

Latest posts