What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
If the smart kid in a class fails does that mean all everyone else has to do to pass is beat them?

lasts years average was 15k, I'd say thats the pass mark every club should be trying to beat

Surely you have to judge a crowd in context.

What was the average for Thursday night in Sydney?

adamkungl

Immortal
Our recent Thursday nights and recent Broncos games have typically been around 12-13k.

10k is a "pass" for me given the SCG is balls, but 12k would be respectable.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Good crowd for a suburban ground and given recent crowds there but it also highlights the issues. This game had everything going for it, Wests on top, Sunday afternoon, lovely weather, opposition one of the biggest supported local clubs. That it could barley reach the season avg crowd shows how limiting suburban grounds are. This game in WSS in future? Surely pushing over 20k? Come on Tigers do the right thing and commit to WSS.

Tallon Smith

Juniors
Predictions for this week:
Roosters v Broncos 12k
Warriors v Titans 15k
Panthers v Tigers 18k
Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs 13k
Cowboys v Raiders 14k
Eels v Sharks 18k
Storm v Bulldogs 20k
Knights v Dragons 25k

hutch

First Grade
Good crowd for a suburban ground and given recent crowds there but it also highlights the issues. This game had everything going for it, Wests on top, Sunday afternoon, lovely weather, opposition one of the biggest supported local clubs. That it could barley reach the season avg crowd shows how limiting suburban grounds are. This game in WSS in future? Surely pushing over 20k? Come on Tigers do the right thing and commit to WSS.

This game has drawn over 29k before. There is a place for suburban grounds for games against interstate teams, but big Sydney derbies should be at big stadiums with big crowds.

Marlins

Juniors
Roosters v Broncos 9k
Warriors v Titans 13k
Panthers v Tigers 17k
Sea Eagles v Rabbits 12k
Cowboys v Raiders 11k
Eels v Sharks 13k
Storm v Bulldogs 14k
Knights v Dragons 16k

Little chance of averaging 15k this week.
A shame the Knights didn’t get a better slot for this game.
The Storm game is sandwiched between to fumbleball games.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Was free entry and their GF

The crowd shows that the biggest area for growth in sport in Australia is with females - on field and off. NRL needs to get serious about this - even just copy what the AFL has done here. 53K is huge even if free. That is 5% of Adelaide's population!

Also, females playing sport is the easiest way to get funding for new facilities. It is a huge vote winner.

ouwet

Bench

Luckily the Tiger's played the Bulldogs who brought a lot of support yesterday, if they played an out of Sydney team it would've got 9-10K...

ouwet

Bench
Hopefully Bulldogs might upset the storm and beat the dragons, because good friday should realistically get 45-50k

hahaha highly unlikely however if the Bulldogs do beat Melbourne and St George Illawarra and South's go into the game undefeated it will draw over 50,000 for sure (Weather pending) and if the NRL/Bulldogs come to the table and have discounted tickets it could get over 55K.

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters v Broncos 12k
Warriors v Titans 14k
Panthers v Tigers 17k
Sea Eagles v Rabbits 13k
Cowboys v Raiders 12k
Eels v Sharks 13k
Storm v Bulldogs 15k
Knights v Dragons 18k

av 142500

franklin2323

Immortal
Considering how reliant Souths are on revenue from fans you'd think they would be considering alternatives if it is the stadium putting fans off attending? Especially if ANZ is no longer paying them a motza to play there.

They have a private owner don't have a League club in the area that wants them nearby so maybe they should look elsewhere

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Our recent Thursday nights and recent Broncos games have typically been around 12-13k.

10k is a "pass" for me given the SCG is balls, but 12k would be respectable.

This is one of the few times when even I think the games should be played in the suburbs....

SCG is utter dog-shit.

adamkungl

Immortal
This is one of the few times when even I think the games should be played in the suburbs....

SCG is utter dog-shit.

I wouldn't be upset if the Roosters reviewed our home game split for 2020 (and 2021? how long is the SFS out for again?), take the SCG down from 9 to 6. I suspect we are contractually obliged to a certain amount though.

Lets pretend next year has the same draw as this year, could go

SCG:
Souths
Dragons
Tigers
Knights
Warriors
Broncos
(Knights, Broncos and Warriors are better draws than Bulldogs and Panthers, currently)

North Sydney Oval:
Bulldogs
Panthers

Adelaide:
Storm

Brisbane Magic:
Raiders

Central Coast:
Cowboys
Titans

Latest posts