What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Tigers

Das Hassler

Bench
the dogs gave us a blue print on beating the tigers
runs from dummy half
plays out the back hitting faster guys not forwards as we do
crowd farah when he has the ball
simple basic footy

For sure....only Maquire had a pretty good look at that blueprint as well

To quote Vinny Jones..It'll be emotional ...should be a fun night

GongPanther

Referee
I’m not happy with the 1-2 start but seriously some of crap on here is ridiculous.

If were 1-5 then perhaps you have a right to post the negative crap being written but take a deep breath and let’s just see if we can bounce back with a decent winning performance on Friday night.

Agreed.Whilst ppl seem it's OK, to lay the slipper in after reading shit in today's media, ppl have to be mindful that this is a distraction of the way the WT played yesterday. Last week's media distraction was about relocating teams to keep the attention away from the Cronulla's salary cap question in the year when they won their maiden GF.

As soon as something perceived comes along,especially involving one of the leagues favorite whipping boys the Panthers, fans everywhere are lapping it up as usual.

Up here for critical thinking folks.

Well I am hopeful we can turn things around and play some good football and win this week.
Getting who I think are our 2 best forwards in Kikau and Yeo back on our edges should give us more punch. Thus allowing Fish to return to the middle to not only strengthen it but make it better for rotations.
That should make the attack more potent if we can hang onto the bloody ball !

Edwards won't be dropped and I am hoping he atones for last weeks poor performance.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his squad to face New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Warriors
Mt Smart Stadium
9am AEDT Saturday 6 April

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Charlie STAINES
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Thomas LOFTS
5. Matthew FAAUILA
6. Matt BURTON
7. Brendan HANDS
8. Spencer LENIU
9. Dylan MCBAIN
10. Brad GAUT
11. Alex MYLES
12. Shawn BLORE
13. Adam FEARNLEY

14. Ryan PRITCHARD
15. Jack QUINN
16. Jayden TANNER
17. Terrell MAY
18. Ratu NANOVO
19. Hayden BONNANO
20. Glenn MCGRADY

Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has named his side to face New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Warriors
Mt Smart Stadium
11am AEDT Saturday 6 April

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brent NADEN
3. Matheson JOHNS
4. Jed CARTWRIGHT
5. Brian TOO
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Paea PUA
9. Mitch KENNY
10. Tim GRANT
11. Billy BURNS
12. Jack HETHERINGTON
13. Kaide ELLIS (c)

14. Reed IZZARD
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Billy TSIKRIKAS
17. Sam SMITH

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face Wests Tigers at Panthers Stadium on Friday.

Isaah Yeo (concussion) and Viliame Kikau (knee) return to bolster the Panthers pack, with Frank Winterstein and Hame Sele dropping back to the bench.

GAMEDAY GUIDE - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

Panthers v Wests Tigers
Panthers Stadium
8.05pm Friday 5 April

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Waqa BLAKE - sponsored by OAK Plus
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU - sponsored by Signace
9. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Hertz
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Chemtools
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Hame SELE - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by CETNAJ Dural/Rouse Hill
19. Tim GRANT - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta
20. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Fantastic Framing
21. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by OAK Plus

mxlegend99

Referee
Good to have Yeo and Kikau back. Not happy Edwards kept his spot. Absolutely no one deserves to keep a spot after playing that badly.

Bench is still pretty weak too. A hooker and 2x second rowers rather than a second front rower.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good to have Yeo and Kikau back. Not happy Edwards kept his spot. Absolutely no one deserves to keep a spot after playing that badly.

Bench is still pretty weak too. A hooker and 2x second rowers rather than a second front rower.

I said this before. Ivan never drops players

mxlegend99

Referee
I said this before. Ivan never drops players
He drops them. He dropped Jack Hetherington to debut Liam Martin Last week FFS.

He just gives established guys a ridiculous amount of chances unless they piss him off

Edwards is clearly in his good books. Being a good trainer seems to be more important than playing well.

franklin2323

Immortal
He drops them. He dropped Jack Hetherington to debut Liam Martin Last week FFS.

He just gives established guys a ridiculous amount of chances unless they piss him off

Edwards is clearly in his good books. Being a good trainer seems to be more important than playing well.

hetherington was getting like 20 mins off the bench and isn't part of the top team. The top team guys never get dropped

age.s

First Grade
I can handle a guy getting a second chance. You don't want blokes getting in their own heads about their careers being over the first time they drop a ball.

There has to be a limit to second chances though. He needs to start showing that he can actually be a NRL standard fullback. That means more than just not f**king up.

Whino

Bench
I can handle a guy getting a second chance. You don't want blokes getting in their own heads about their careers being over the first time they drop a ball.

There has to be a limit to second chances though. He needs to start showing that he can actually be a NRL standard fullback. That means more than just not f**king up.

I wanted him dropped Saturday night then I went away and thought about and thought he probably deserves another chance.
If he stuffs up Friday night early on shift him to the wing put DWZ at fb then drop him the following week.

TheFrog

Coach
So Edwards gets a reprieve then. Here's hoping he makes the most of it.
Mal is at 21. Dylan could yet be dropped. In fact if you were going to drop an entrenched fullback this is how you'd do it, otherwise the vultures would be swarming the place all week.

Having said that IC did say he'd be there next week didn't he?

Latest posts