What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

siv

First Grade
Is the SFS still standing ? Or did they put everything on hold

Did they add their first class Cinema style lounge seats to the design ?

If I am going to asked to pay $70 to $450 for a seat I should get better than movie cinema seating which only costs around $25

Is the SFS still standing ? Or did they put everything on hold

Did they add their first class Cinema style lounge seats to the design ?

If I am going to asked to pay $70 to $450 for a seat I should get better than movie cinema seating which only costs around $25

The demolition was only on hold whilst that community group challenged it in court. Once their case was dismissed the heavy demolition resumed at least 1-2 weeks before polling day.

Rooster8

Juniors
Should we be treating ANZ like Wembley? Before you all get your fire and pitchforks out for comparing the NRL to the premier league, I've been reading over some of the ANZ Stadium redevelopment releases and one of the major reasons is due to the stadium being a prominent home ground for various teams. With the Eels, WSW and Tigers primarily moving their fixtures to Bankwest, it only really leaves Bulldogs, and St George in the finals, and I doubt that the doggies need a 80K+ home ground.

So, should we just leave ANZ for major events (Origins, GF's, international fixtures), and fixate smaller grounds. Eels have Bankwest, Tigers have Bankwest, leichhardt, Concord and Campbelltown, and doggies should just have Belmore and potienally Bankwest. Souths (as much as I hate saying it) should move back east and play at the new SFS which is closer to their territory. ANZ should only be used for major events, or as a temp home ground while a stadium is being redeveloped (etc if the bulldogs ever wanted to upgrade Belmore).

I would love to see in the future home grounds such as Redfern, Belmore and Shark Park be upgraded to all seated and covered 15-20K+ stadiums, but the government would most certainly reject most funding. Rusty might be generous, or find some private backers for the Redfern stadium, but I'm sure the council wouldn't let their public park be privatised. Even if the stadium was only 20K, it would make for a first buy, first served basis. I've never got the principal of moving huge games to bigger stadiums. For example, a while back, whisperers were getting around that Eels v Tigers might be moved to ANZ for the crowds. I would definitely rather a full 30K stadium then a 50K ANZ.

hutch

First Grade
Should we be treating ANZ like Wembley? Before you all get your fire and pitchforks out for comparing the NRL to the premier league, I've been reading over some of the ANZ Stadium redevelopment releases and one of the major reasons is due to the stadium being a prominent home ground for various teams. With the Eels, WSW and Tigers primarily moving their fixtures to Bankwest, it only really leaves Bulldogs, and St George in the finals, and I doubt that the doggies need a 80K+ home ground.

So, should we just leave ANZ for major events (Origins, GF's, international fixtures), and fixate smaller grounds. Eels have Bankwest, Tigers have Bankwest, leichhardt, Concord and Campbelltown, and doggies should just have Belmore and potienally Bankwest. Souths (as much as I hate saying it) should move back east and play at the new SFS which is closer to their territory. ANZ should only be used for major events, or as a temp home ground while a stadium is being redeveloped (etc if the bulldogs ever wanted to upgrade Belmore).

I would love to see in the future home grounds such as Redfern, Belmore and Shark Park be upgraded to all seated and covered 15-20K+ stadiums, but the government would most certainly reject most funding. Rusty might be generous, or find some private backers for the Redfern stadium, but I'm sure the council wouldn't let their public park be privatised. Even if the stadium was only 20K, it would make for a first buy, first served basis. I've never got the principal of moving huge games to bigger stadiums. For example, a while back, whisperers were getting around that Eels v Tigers might be moved to ANZ for the crowds. I would definitely rather a full 30K stadium then a 50K ANZ.

The dogs averaged 8363 in their last season at belmore. It more than doubled in their first year at the Olympic stadium and peaked at an average of 23572 per game in 2012. Suburban grounds are too small to host a full season.
Same with Souths, they averaged as low as 6000 in 1998 to over 22k in 2013 at anz. Our big Sydney games should be played in big, modern stadiums and drawing 30k plus! 50k anywhere is better than 30k at wss.

The dogs averaged 8363 in their last season at belmore. It more than doubled in their first year at the Olympic stadium and peaked at an average of 23572 per game in 2012. Suburban grounds are too small to host a full season.
Same with Souths, they averaged as low as 6000 in 1998 to over 22k in 2013 at anz. Our big Sydney games should be played in big, modern stadiums and drawing 30k plus! 50k anywhere is better than 30k at wss.

The games that could potentially draw 35-50K should be played at ANZ, but there's not a heap of those right now.

In the meantime most Bulldogs games would be better off at Bankwest. I'm confident their crowd average will increase at Bankwest.

ANZ was better than Belmore, but Bankwest is better than both.

That's more or less how i'd approach ANZ in the future.

Play 5-6 event games there per season.

Dogs V Eels
Souths V Dogs
Souths V Tigers
Dogs V Souths
Dogs V Tigers
Tigers V Eels

Try to really build them up into 40-50k crowds.