What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Tigers

Panfa

Juniors
Im happy with the 17 this week but id start egan in place of katoa lets hope cleary doesnt do a switcheroo and start leota over campbell gillard again.

mxlegend99

Referee
hetherington was getting like 20 mins off the bench and isn't part of the top team. The top team guys never get dropped
He isn't part of our top 17 anymore because he got dropped. Even with a few injuries. He was dropped to debut a rookie.

Personally I didnt think he was good enough to be a top 17 player either. But I feel the same about the likes of Winterstein and Fuimaono also. Sele for me is a fringe top 17 player.

Would much rather we gave those opportunities to blokes we have in reserve grade. Rather than promote imported reserve graders ahead of them. Sele trained the house down... fair enough. What the f**k did Winterstein and Fuimaono do to get a spot?

franklin2323

Immortal
He isn't part of our top 17 anymore because he got dropped. Even with a few injuries. He was dropped to debut a rookie.

Personally I didnt think he was good enough to be a top 17 player either. But I feel the same about the likes of Winterstein and Fuimaono also. Sele for me is a fringe top 17 player.

Would much rather we gave those opportunities to blokes we have in reserve grade. Rather than promote imported reserve graders ahead of them. Sele trained the house down... fair enough. What the f**k did Winterstein and Fuimaono do to get a spot?

I always saw him filling in for Kikau then others fell away.

As for Winterstein/Fuimaono we need a backrow on the bench. Unlike Martin or Sele they can fill in the backs. For that reason one of them will always be in the 17

tripster

Juniors
I assume the reason for importing guys like Winterstein and Fuimaono is Cleary prefers bringing in people with first grade experience to debuting rookies (even if the experience is limited in the case of Fui). This is a change to the approach Griffin took, which was to treat us as a ‘development club’ and take chances with rookies.

Not saying either approach is right or wrong. Presumably however Cleary thinks our pack is inexperienced enough as it is so is reluctant to debut more guys into it.

By the way, what has happened to Ellis? He seems to be captaining the Cup side but not even factoring in to the extended game day squad.

Sime_11

Juniors
have to hand it to Ivan by not dropping Edwards, he's backing him to bounce back, Dylan needs to dust himself off and rip in Friday.

would prefer Kikau to come off the bench personally, ease him in, still a long way to go and just get his body right.

franklin2323

Immortal
I assume the reason for importing guys like Winterstein and Fuimaono is Cleary prefers bringing in people with first grade experience to debuting rookies (even if the experience is limited in the case of Fui). This is a change to the approach Griffin took, which was to treat us as a ‘development club’ and take chances with rookies.

Not saying either approach is right or wrong. Presumably however Cleary thinks our pack is inexperienced enough as it is so is reluctant to debut more guys into it.

By the way, what has happened to Ellis? He seems to be captaining the Cup side but not even factoring in to the extended game day squad.

I asked the question over the off season. Who will be the bench backrow/Centre. Perfect case when DWZ went off we had Winterstein and Fuimaono to come in.

Who would of filled the role if not them? So that with FG experience is why we signed them

hindy111

Post Whore
Good to have Yeo and Kikau back. Not happy Edwards kept his spot. Absolutely no one deserves to keep a spot after playing that badly.

Bench is still pretty weak too. A hooker and 2x second rowers rather than a second front rower.

That young winger Too looks a prospect.

hindy111

Post Whore
He drops them. He dropped Jack Hetherington to debut Liam Martin Last week FFS.

He just gives established guys a ridiculous amount of chances unless they piss him off

Edwards is clearly in his good books. Being a good trainer seems to be more important than playing well.

No point dropping guys if replacement is worse . That us coaching suicide.

franklin2323

Immortal
No point dropping guys if replacement is worse . That us coaching suicide.

Last week DWZ goes off. Fuimaono was able to cover centre. Sele or Martin wouldn't of been able to do that. It is a shame one of them need to miss out but balance of the bench won't allow it

Panfa

Juniors
Just noticed gerard sutton is reffing our game friday we better be on our best behaviour hes the other ref besides klein who hates penrith

franklin2323

Immortal
Not as a rule, we're talking about covering unforseen injuries/ HIA's. A centre can play like a wide forward anyway at a pinch. It also helps his rep prospects.

The last bench guy gets not much gametime anyway. So it doesn't mess your balance of the side too much