What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wisdom of Wok

GongPanther

Referee
Wisdom of wok: let's replace test players Steve Roach and Paul Sironen in a grand final with the game still in the balance.
Watching that game with a few Balmain mates, and when those two were replaced, we were gobsmaked. I even recall HG Nelson on the radio saying "What is the idea behind that change Roy...very puzzling?".

King hit

Coach
But the fact he even took Newtown to a grand final tells you all about his coaching ability. Two years later the Jets were dead and buried.

As for '89, only that crossbar stopped him from being proved right. Narrow margins.

If only O’Neill was a millisecond quicker or if Pearce didn’t drop the ball with a 3 man overlap.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
He made 6 grand finals in the 80's with 3 clubs, decent coach I would say.

Influenced plenty of future coaches who played under him eg. Phil Gould.

axl rose

Bench
He replaced Blocker with 15 mins to go throughout the finals series. No-one mentioned it because they won. Sirro was a puzzling one. Would not mattered as Bill Harrigan was the better player on the day.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought he was sacked or suspended from ABC for arguing with a female reporter.

He said something on the lines of "interesting how a former Netballer knows more than me"

Incorrect

Coach
I thought he was sacked or suspended from ABC for arguing with a female reporter.

He said something on the lines of "interesting how a former Netballer knows more than me"
Yeah it was Shannon Byrne... It was a chauvinistic comment aimed in her direction... But because she is a f**king annoying incoherent know-nothing of a broadcaster I was inclined to side with the Wok on that one. Dunno how she has lasted as long as she has at the ABC. At least she's not part of the league broadcast anymore, thank f**k for small mercies....

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yeah it was Shannon Byrne... It was a chauvinistic comment aimed in her direction... But because she is a f**king annoying incoherent know-nothing of a broadcaster I was inclined to side with the Wok on that one. Dunno how she has lasted as long as she has at the ABC. At least she's not part of the league broadcast anymore, thank f**k for small mercies....
Yeah....you need the token women now to tell us how to play the game ffs. And wok did used to pay her out.

But that wasn't why wok resigned.

It was over the racist jibe.

axl rose

Bench
But because she is a f**king annoying incoherent know-nothing of a broadcaster . Dunno how she has lasted as long as she has at the ABC. ..

You answered your own question. Whatever happened to Debbie Spillane. Never mind, best not to know.

axl rose

Bench
When the merkin pulled out the 1 in a 111 year ruling, changed the entire game. f**k him, Bob Fulton and Gordon Tallis were right.
As the Wok once said Bill was not a referee he was a "promoter of the contest" The NSWRL/ARL loved him for it. The only thing Tallis has ever been right about.

gallagher

Juniors
He replaced Blocker with 15 mins to go throughout the finals series. No-one mentioned it because they won. Sirro was a puzzling one. Would not mattered as Bill Harrigan was the better player on the day.
When did Siro get subbed? He was on the field when Fergo scored.

Latest posts