What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Sharks Team List (Saturday night @ ANZ)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sure id compare Johnson with Teddy but to each their own.
Hopefully we hold the ball and Alvaro becomes a bit more mobile this week. Tep back will help. Terepo to the bench is better imho.
Still not a fan of Taka or Evans in the side and Mennings is still arm grabbing. How good is Xerri? First game will probably have a blinder against our average centers.
Eels by 8.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think we are shot this game, The two Browns out and Mau is massive

Sharks pack will grind us senseless. Johnson, like Tedesco last week, will be too elusive for us at the back end of each half. They were fantastic in Townsville last game

I think we need to roll the dice with Smith and Gower on the bench for creativity and spark but looks like that wont be happening

Sharks win coming up im afraid, 12-18 points

Lol mate Will Smith is hard pressed creating spark off the bench when he's fit. 2 weeks into an 8 weeker and I reckon his spark level would be down even further....

Also Gower is injured too, confirmed on the Eesl site earlier today or yesterday

Probably worse for the kicking game if we go that way tbh.

Taka can fill in the 6 but Salmon is better there IMO.
If Reed can cover the kicking and we don't have Taka's defensive liability at centre + effectively having an extra forward, it might work? I dunno. I'm not as savvy about the game as most here .

Bazal

Post Whore
If Reed can cover the kicking and we don't have Taka's defensive liability at centre + effectively having an extra forward, it might work? I dunno. I'm not as savvy about the game as most here .

Harder to kick out of acting half, so you'd prefer the extra option.

Plus for a poor defender like Taka there's probably not much difference between five-eighth and centre. And I think his attacking strengths are probably better suited on the edge rather than actually in a "playmaking" role.

Harder to kick out of acting half, so you'd prefer the extra option.

Plus for a poor defender like Taka there's probably not much difference between five-eighth and centre. And I think his attacking strengths are probably better suited on the edge rather than actually in a "playmaking" role.
Fair enough. I was envisioning Taka playing like an extra lock there (sorta) to combat the sharks pack cos I read someone say how the sharks like to drag their opponents down to play mucky footy and though if that's the case, we might not really need the extra kicker as Drown didn't do too much any way.
I also thought Salmon might handle their backs a bit better. In defense at least.

Gronk

Staff member
Late Mail: Parramatta’s main concern is lock Tepai Moeroa, who injured his calf in warm-up last weekend and failed to train with squad during week. Moeroa will be given until the captain’s run to prove his fitness. If he is ruled out, Peni Terepo will start at lock with recent signing Matt McIlwrick coming on to the bench. Jaeman Salmon slots in at five-eighth and will line up on the left edge as direct replacement for the injured Dylan Brown (back). Maika Sivo holds his spot on the left wing, though the pressure will be on with George Jennings potentially returning in Canterbury Cup on week.

Late Mail: Skipper Paul Gallen (ribs), Jayson Bukuya (calf) and Josh Dugan (back) are all in doubt. Gallen is expected to play with a pain-killing injection, while Bukuya will be put through his paces at the captain’s run. Scott Sorensen is on standby should Bukuya be ruled out. The hamstring injury to Matt Moylan which will sideline him for six weeks shifts Dugan to fullback - as long as the former NSW representative overcomes a back injury. That switch frees up young gun Bronson Xerri to make his NRL debut at right centre.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/e6899ae1bf3d92a9df6f125881cbcda6