What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

franklin2323

Immortal
We just need to wait and see how this goes.

The NRL has doen 2 things that isn't helping their case though. The first is the Thursday game, it completely defeats the purpose of the concept and needs to be changed going forward. The 2nd is the Wests/Penrith fixture. Basic maths tells us there has to be one all Sydney fixture but this was the wrong one.

Broncos fans will get most of the tickets on that day anyway... So in that case it is a good call

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Was wondering if anyone could help who has been to Suncorp, we managed to get seats in Bay 601 for magic weekend in the front row and I just had a look on the seating view on the Suncorp website, the front row appears very low and appears that the view may be obstructed by the wall and glass in front.
Has anyone sat in the front row of the upper tiers, is the view ok. I'm hoping its just the camera angle that makes it appear low.

kdalymc

Bench
Was wondering if anyone could help who has been to Suncorp, we managed to get seats in Bay 601 for magic weekend in the front row and I just had a look on the seating view on the Suncorp website, the front row appears very low and appears that the view may be obstructed by the wall and glass in front.
Has anyone sat in the front row of the upper tiers, is the view ok. I'm hoping its just the camera angle that makes it appear low.
No shit seats there.

Does anyone have a link to grabbing a corporate box for the day ? Keen on day 3 for my bucks :thumbsup_tone1:

Dawesy76

Juniors

You’ll be fine. There’s no ‘bad’ seats at suncorp.

axl rose

Bench
Its fine. I've had the best and worst/cheapest over the years. Any seat is better then ANZ.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Toying with the idea of going up for the magic weekend, would of course only go for one day of matches, have friends in Brisbane who want me to come up and visit, Im just not sure to go up for the magic round or go up the following weekend when the Roosters are up against the Broncos, I work every 2nd weekend which would dictate what weekend works better which At the moment falls on the following weeks Broncos game, would probably prefer to go for the magic round though.

kdalymc

Bench
Is it impossible to get a corporate box or something? All I can see is 4 day tickets, f**k that

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
I got an email from the Titans during the week, $10 tickets to the game including bus transportation to & from either seagulls, Robina or Parkwood. Possibly won’t help because it’s a Thursday night but if you want to support your team it’s not expensive

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Notice that they have announced some music acts for the weekend, cant say that I recognise any of them but that doesnt mean much, I'm a bit out of touch with new bands nowadays.
If the concept works they need to build to a point that the V8's have with their events, especially Adelaide. They had the Chilli Peppers play this year on the saturday night, previous years they have had Kiss, Motley Crue, Powderfinger etc, makes it into a major event

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Notice that they have announced some music acts for the weekend, cant say that I recognise any of them but that doesnt mean much, I'm a bit out of touch with new bands nowadays.
If the concept works they need to build to a point that the V8's have with their events, especially Adelaide. They had the Chilli Peppers play this year on the saturday night, previous years they have had Kiss, Motley Crue, Powderfinger etc, makes it into a major event
But none of those bands have been on talent shows

Western_Eel

Juniors
i cant see this succeeding beyond this season how many people in brisbane are going to watch 2 non brisbane teams play? theres 8 games there ffs

GongPanther

Referee
Im not sure anyone can quite figure out the why,
unless the Q'land Govt has thrown a load of money or cheaper stadium rent deals at the NRL?

Half time entertainment will have 1,000 magicians on the ground pulling rabbits out of hats, then all disappearing behind a red collapsing curtain. P00F!! :)

applesauce

Bench
Good sign...

It's going to be a weekend of magic, a full round of the NRL Telstra
Premiership played in one location. It's the first of its kind in Australia
and an event not to be missed.

Make sure you are there with a special 2 for 1 offer on 3-day passes
for Telstra customers
. The passes start from $89 per adult (excluding ticket
vendor fees) and will provide seats to:

Fri 10 May: Tigers vs Panthers and Sea Eagles vs Broncos
Sat 11 May: Bulldogs vs Knights, Warriors vs Dragons, Storm vs Eels