What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The unofficial hookers thread

T-Boon

Coach
Reed Mahoney looks good, but probably a short shelf life.
Kyle Schneider is promising, is he living up to his potential in Flegg?
Is Pritchard done. Is that official yet?
Who is McGuldrick?
What other hookers get around at the club?
Is there anyone we could convert into a hooker?

Gronk

Staff member
Who is McGuldrick?

Never heard of him.

We have however signed Matt McIlwrick.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/parramatta-eels/matt-mcilwrick/

192a3034.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
One thing about Mahoney is he likes to make/attempt big hits in defence. I get it, he is young and small trying to be aggressive, but seriously the coaching staff need shooting if they let him continue with this.

If a hooker is worth their salt as a dummy half (and this kid might be) you need to hide them in defence the way Melbourne do with Smith.
We only need to look at what happened to Pritchard to see these small guys only need to mess up the technique on a big hit attempt once and they are lights out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Reed Mahoney looks good, but probably a short shelf life.
Kyle Schneider is promising, is he living up to his potential in Flegg?
Is Pritchard done. Is that official yet?
Who is McGuldrick?
What other hookers get around at the club?
Is there anyone we could convert into a hooker?

Who will be the QLD hoooker?

Bazal

Post Whore
One thing about Mahoney is he likes to make/attempt big hits in defence. I get it, he is young and small trying to be aggressive, but seriously the coaching staff need shooting if they let him continue with this.

If a hooker is worth their salt as a dummy half (and this kid might be) you need to hide them in defence the way Melbourne do with Smith.
We only need to look at what happened to Pritchard to see these small guys only need to mess up the technique on a big hit attempt once and they are lights out.

Lolwat? Cameron Smith?

He regularly tops the Melbourne tackle count mang. 3/3 matches this season. Between that comment and the call that no one makes line breaks in the first half, you're wrestling away the lowest footy IQ award from the likes of Hindy, Ram and Glenneel by insurmountable force...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lolwat? Cameron Smith?

He regularly tops the Melbourne tackle count mang. 3/3 matches this season. Between that comment and the call that no one makes line breaks in the first half, you're wrestling away the lowest footy IQ award from the likes of Hindy, Ram and Glenneel by insurmountable force...
In fairness to him, he’s just unlucky that I don’t speak about football.

T-Boon

Coach
Lolwat? Cameron Smith?

He regularly tops the Melbourne tackle count mang. 3/3 matches this season. Between that comment and the call that no one makes line breaks in the first half

Okay, Smith gets involved in tackles but it is most often as the second or third man in. His statistics are a joke and should be called "involvements" rather than "tackles". He certainly does not try to put on big hits.

I have not seen a first half line break in 2 years but I only really watch Parra games so factoring in that time span its a good call on my part.

Bazal

Post Whore
Okay, Smith gets involved in tackles but it is most often as the second or third man in. His statistics are a joke and should be called "involvements" rather than "tackles". He certainly does not try to put on big hits.

That's a statement relating to his tackling style, and has nothing to do with Melbourne "hiding" him

I have not seen a first half line break in 2 years but I only really watch Parra games so factoring in that time span its a good call on my part.

Apparently you don't even watch Parra games then cos we've made six first half line breaks this year bro...

T-Boon

Coach
That's a statement relating to his tackling style, and has nothing to do with Melbourne "hiding" him

I disagree. If Smith went out there running out of the line trying to big hit ball carriers Bellamy would rip him apart. Smith is the most important passer of the ball at Melbourne - throws about 5 passes per set of possession, so they don't let him do stupid stuff like high impact tackling. Any coach letting their small passers do that just because they have big egos and testosterone needs to be fired.

Particularly if you have recently lost your other small framed passer for this exact same reason.

There are 2 questionable women here. I am guessing Twizzle would be all over the blonde man looking one on the right like a cheap rash.
What did you even google to bring this photo up?
Bro, as hot as she is, I'll take the lil ranga front n centre. she'd be up for anything!