What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 debutants

some11

Referee
Jayden Okunbor is making he debut for the Bulldogs this weekend on the wing. Get ready for a lot of lazy comparisons with Jamal Idris.
Could be a real handful on the wing, but like most coaches they are probably more looking forward to how many meters they make on early tackles off a kick return.

some11

Referee
Add Oregon Kaufusi to the list, only played two games last year and looks strong off the bench so far tonight.

Edit: sorry, thought this was ROTY candidates.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Liam Martin debuting for Penrith tonight. A lock who has been named quite a number of times since the start of last season in the 21 each week.

skeepe

Immortal
Hudson Young’s first contribution in first grade was to pick up Tim Glasby and drive him into the turf.

Didn’t do much else, but that’s a pretty good first impression.

skeepe

Immortal

mackdadday

Juniors
Okunbor looked good for his first game other than not throwing the ball to Holland for the certain try and Fonua giving him a touch up for his try. Plenty of speed and power from the lad.

c0c0nutz

Juniors
Interested to see how Bronson Xerri goes for the Sharks tomorrow. Chanel Harris-Tavita was strong for the Warriors tonight.

mackdadday

Juniors
Thomas Flegler
Corey Allen
Thomas Mikaele
Mikaele Ravalawa
Dylan Brown
Bayley Simonsson
Maika Sivo
Adam Keighran
Corey Horsburgh
Briton Nikora
Lachlan Lam
Liam Martin
Hudson Young
Jayden Okunbor
Chanel Harris-Tavita
Bronson Xerri
Jake Clifford
Patrick Carrigan
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Will Kennedy

mackdadday

Juniors
Might be a battle of the team mates with Xerri and Nikora for best of the year. I guess Haas still qualifies for rookie of the year so he might come into consideration.

wibble

Bench
Might be a battle of the team mates with Xerri and Nikora for best of the year. I guess Haas still qualifies for rookie of the year so he might come into consideration.

Well, if we are talking rookie of the year, Xerri and Nikora are doing very well so far.

Mind you, they have some challengers in Williams, Hamlin-Uele, Blayke Brailey, and Kyle Flanagan.

I'm not biased at all....

I'm sure there must be some decent rookies in other clubs as well. But we certainly seem to have struck gold with rookies at the Sharks.

roofromoz

First Grade
Liam Martin
Brian To'o
Mitch Kenny
Brent Naden

All four have added some life to the Panthers over the past month.