What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
If we had a goal kicker we win tonight,what team goes two weeks in a row and doesn’t kick a goal in the NRL.
Madge do yourself a favour and pick somebody that can kick goals.
Yeah, I thought we were the better team tonight, except for the goal & FG kicking.
But can we fix it?
What are our options?

trevcogger

Juniors
Three points for me. One why is everyone so wrapped with Marsters, I don't see it at all. 2) Do we have no one else that can kick apart from this idiot ?? 3) Say what you like about Cleary but when the game was on the line and teams were lookiing for people to step up. Brooks missed the field goal shot, Cleary kicked the conversion and was clutch when the time came for a field goal. That's the difference between you run of the mill half backs and your better level halves. Credit to Nathan he stepped up when it counted, Brooks as usual didn't.

Have only ONCE seen Brooks step up...It was his first grade debut.
Hes not worth anywhere the money we are paying him.
Drop him and put Benji and Reynolds together.

Das Hassler

Bench
On
We did enough on the ball to win that. Goal kicking and field goal attempts f**ked us.

Panthers ONLY won that by the quality of their kicker (to rub salt into the wound make that TWO kickers)....nothing else. ...if we had a goalkicker of normal NRL standard then we win a normal game of football with no dramas that we earned the right to win ....just like most everyone else does.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I dont understand why you have to go for a fg if you are within a certain distance of the goal posts in golden point. If it is not a perfect set up, kick to the corner! f**king 7 tackle sets killed it!

Couldnt agree with you more....pin them down and they wouldnt have been going anywhere with 2 or 3 tackles ( of ONLY 6) gobbled up in their 20.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Seriously we all knew this was going to Golden Point when we were only 6 points up...it was just a matter of time that we lose it to a field goal....seen it happen a thousand time.

How many of you watching the game picked this....I reckon you all did because you are Tigers supporters and it is breed into us to lose this way.

When Marsters missed the first goal from in front I friggin knew we'd go down by a point....

Tiger Ted

Bench
Seriously we all knew this was going to Golden Point when we were only 6 points up...it was just a matter of time that we lose it to a field goal....seen it happen a thousand time.

How many of you watching the game picked this....I reckon you all did because you are Tigers supporters and it is breed into us to lose this way.

When Marsters missed the first goal from in front I friggin knew we'd go down by a point....
Exactly.

We r the sporting worlds anti -climactic kings

axl rose

Bench

You become a glass half empty kinda guy supporting the Tigers. Ive seen this show before, this is the exact moment we will drop it. This is when we will let in a try, this is when we will miss our attempt at field goal. If there was an in-play betting market id be rich.

Das Hassler

Bench
Credit to grub - he played well. Perfect 14.

Grub showed how it's done...each of his short kicks were picture perfect .he got the when..where and how perfectly. Robbie and Brooks each put one dead...Benj would have rolled at least one or two dead as well....he's had perfect kicking games as well but very rarely. Repeat sets are no less important than the goalkicking issue. A MASSIVE asset to have..if Grub stays healthy Benji should be fighting for back in. I really think Reynolds will grow into the leader of this side which was the original idea

Last edited:

leaguelegend21

Juniors
But Benji would have got that 1 pointer I would bet my stump cock on it. Reynolds coming on as a roving middle player is perfect.

Tonight was a tough one - we did well, it’s literally goal kicking... that’s why it hurts

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b884fbf83e231e96e6eef43208e8d701

Interesting aspect comment from Billy Slater

Former Melbourne superstar Billy Slater said Reynolds shouldn’t be dropped “off tonight’s performance” while also heaped praise on Mbye.

“He was probably the second best player on the field,” Slater said of Mbye.

“I thought he was terrific tonight. He came up with some big plays. He gets the defence in order really well. I was watching the game from a high angle and he organises the defence like few fullbacks in the competition.

“When he gets on the tryline, he’s got a great ability to know where the ball’s going.”