What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Bazal

Post Whore
Right, so we're winning this season because of rule interpretations? Just as easy to argue the same for us losing last season.

It absolutely played a part last season. We were one of the most penalised sides in the competition IIRC, that definitely affects your results.

We will probably never know the full story, and this season could go to shit easily still, but I would suggest that early injuries to key players from 2017, coupled with a confidence shaking capitulation in round one, a belting in round 2, and an inability for the players to adapt to the rule changes put us behind the eight ball from the kick off.

We went from playing a high energy brand of football and bashing teams out of the contest to using all that energy to hang on in defence. We were missing Gutherson and French, neither ever found 2017 form. We were missing Brown, who is a key in defence and attack. So when we started to fall behind early in the year it was damned hard for us to get back with two halves who didn't gel, missing the X factor French and Gutho had provided, and constantly giving away huge advantages in possession.

Plenty of factors played a part. Some of us have been saying that for almost 12 months and copping stick left right and centre...

Suitman

Post Whore
The big reason we are winning is because tackles 1, 2 & 3 are made by Gutho, Fergo, Siva & Jennings. Thst leaves two plays for middle forwards on tha back of a quick ruck.

Our D is great. Confidence is high.

Agree that the refs allowing the game to flow is doing us a great service too.

I couldn't agree more, and I would add the addition of big boppa Paulo to that list.
He has been immense.
Our go forward has been extraordinary in those first 4 tackles and we can go the length of the field in 6 tackles after taking the first tackle in our 10/20 metre zone.
Our defense has then muscled up and put pressure on the opposition to do the same.
Despite the missing Sharks players tonight, we done good.

Latest posts