What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kane Evans fitness program

Happy MEel

First Grade
Look to 09. I think an offload is always on provided it gets into the offensive backfield where it should be collected by a heads up ruck man. All of his got into our backfield and should have been collected by one of our guys, the error is that there is nobody there. If you arent involved in the next play (eg the hooker) you should be all over the possibility of an offload.
An offload is most certainly not “always on”. Would you suggest throwing an offload, even if it is towards the offensive backfied, if you’re 10 metres out from your own line, it’s the first tackle and you are defending a 2 point lead? I realise it’s a very specific situation but wanted to illustrate the point.

Keep in mind, defences even position themselves in the offensive backfield for known offloaders to pick up the scraps. Each opportunity needs to be assessed on its merits, which is something Evans isn’t getting right.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im just pleased to see players keen to offload. For whatever reason, offloads have been virtually non existent previously. Im happy with the odd error thus far. One late offload is the equivalent of a 7 tackle set. They are a very important element in fatiguing the opposition.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He made a few errors, but I thought Kane was immense off the bench.

Strong carries, a few good offloads (a few not so good).

I have always rated Evans, so I'm stoked to see him playing well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Guran and his tribe are really lucky they had the Phantom around. He got them all vaccinated against tetanus.

lingard

Coach
Pretty sure I said on a number of occasions that I thought he could still do a good job for us. I was right. I made a call. Some merkins here are too scared too just in case they may get it wrong.

f**king fence sitters.

I made a call. I said he was f**ked. And for the first year of his time with us he was.