What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Didnt we lose Gentle and Palmer?
Palmer was replaced with the AFL guy and Kidwell came in mid season for Gentle to support Grima who was promoted to assistant if I recall correctly.

Kornstar

Coach
What staff did we lose from 17 to 18?

1 assistant and a wrestling coach?

We never had a football manager in 17 either

So we lose our defensive coach and let the head coach takeover and don't bother replacing it till round 6 when the damage had been done.

We also had a new head of performance.

And yes you are correct, apologies for that about Bernie doing it in 2017 also but it obviously caught up with him and the review led to it needing to be filled, although this article suggests we wanted to recruit one for 2017;

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...-potential-major-sponsor-20161202-gt2jhu.html

It is still a stupid way to run a club.

IFR33K

Coach
AFL players are fit.

Our guys looked unfit because they were doing all the defending. Of course merkins were searching for answers so some of them fixated on AFL merkin as the scapegoat. But he wasn’t responsible for the team’s lack of cohesion and corresponding loss of possession.

There was a heap of reasons why we lacked cohesion and I’m not blaming anything on afl merkin, but it’s amazing how we’ve steered clear of the ‘afl built’ Forward pack. We look fitter even when we’ve had to defend.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was a heap of reasons why we lacked cohesion and I’m not blaming anything on afl merkin, but it’s amazing how we’ve steered clear of the ‘afl built’ Forward pack. We look fitter even when we’ve had to defend.
We didn't look very fit against the Roosters when they had all the ball. We also slowed down against the Sharks in the second half but luckily they lacked the spark (Moylan and Johnson) to capitalise.

IFR33K

Coach
We didn't look very fit against the Roosters when they had all the ball. We also slowed down against the Sharks in the second half but luckily they lacked the spark (Moylan and Johnson) to capitalise.

We done well to be in the contest against the roosters, and we were our own worst enemies. Had we played them last year they would of put 50 on us

T-Boon

Coach
I was the only one on here that stood by Brad Arthur all last season.
You could tell it was not his fault.

Latest posts