What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Knights

Gm5

Juniors
It's with much sadness that today I am. Forced to announce my retirement from watching rugby league. After discussing it with my doctors we have decided it would be best for my mental and physical health and also best for my family. It's a decision I havnt made lightly and I am thankful for my time watching this great game.

In seriousness though, this team is going to kill me FMD :joy::joy:

I'll take the win but our game management at the end needs vast improvement.

Dont know who the loudest out of Norman or Hunt is - but either or both of them needed a big set of lungs to drive us up the field - not one out passes to forwards standing still.

Tim Lafai was a standout for mine, along with Paul Vaughan and Tyson Frizell special mention.

getsmarty

Immortal
Norman boots Dragons to golden-point win over Knights
Author
Brett Keeble NRL.com reporter
Timestamp
Sun 7 Apr 2019, 08:10 PM

Kalyn Ponga made a successful return to fullback for Newcastle but it wasn't enough for Newcastle as Corey Norman hit his second match-winning field goal for the Dragons in two weeks.

Ponga's return to fullback paid immediate dividends with the 21-year-old in everything early on, setting up both his team's first half tries with brilliant passes on the left edge.

The Dragons got on the board first via a Tim Lafai penalty goal and closed the gap to 10-8 when Tyson Frizell, just minutes into his comeback from a lacerated testicle, stripped the ball from Mitch Pearce at the Knights line to score.

After struggling for momentum in the first half the Dragons made most of the running in the second and reclaimed the lead via Mikaela Ravalawa's second career try in the 54th minute.

A penalty goal levelled the Knights up 16 minutes from time and neither team could break the deadlock in regulation time to make it only the second time in history that a round has contained three extra-time matches after it first occurred in round 23 of 2007.

Match: Knights v Dragons

Round 4 - Sunday 7th April

Full Time

Home Team

Knights

Scored 12 points

Away Team

Dragons

Scored 13 points

Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/norman-boots-dragons-to-golden-point-win-over-knights/

giboz71

First Grade
That was horrible.
As soon as they ran out they looked flat and disinterested.
Only Frizell was running hard all night, the rest were plodding.
Ravalawa had a good game, he stays.
Dufty looked all at see under the high ball.
Hunt was fricken useless. How can he play so well against Brisbane and so average this week?
Norman has already paid his salary with 2 wins we would have lost last year.
We are 2 and 2 because of his cocky left boot, otherwise we'd be winless.
Anyway, take the 2 and move on.

Yeh a couple of arsey wins is always nice. Top 8 sides always have a few of those just to keep them in touch with the pack.

But 2 golden point wins at Suncorp and Newy against huge home crowds is always nice.

But we still need to improve obviously. Big win against the Dogs next week is what we need.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im pleased for the boys that they got up in the end.....as I said previously was nice to see some variation with our kicking game but jeez we look unorganised at times...thank goodness Frizz was back at least he showed plenty of go forward....we still run one out in the forwards.....thought Lafai was solid in defence tonite and stopped a lot of their momentum out wide.....Vaughan never stopped trying and will sleep well tonight

We were flat as a tack tonight.

Seemed to have no energy.

I feel Dufty played quite well as did Lafai and our wingers.

Hunt and Aitken continue to mess up on right side of defence.

Frizell and Vaughan were excellent.

Rest of the forwards were ordinary.

Perhaps the Brisbane win took more out of the boys than the medical staff thought.

We have creative players in Hunt, Norman and Dufty. 4 hitups, one sweeping movement and a kick is hardly a game plan.

The halves and Dufty combination will improve.

Many errors.

Wholehearted effort.

Two very valuable points.

Latest posts