What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official King Gutherson Appreciation Thread

Gronk

Staff member
Apparently Parra oferred 500k and he wants 700k.
Meet him in middle I reckon.
Well there was a report last week that he wants to test the market, then gives us the opportunity to match the best offer.

He has also expressed a desire to see what happens to BA first.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well there was a report last week that he wants to test the market, then gives us the opportunity to match the best offer.

So what clubs would offer him 700k +, All the QLD based clubs?

I can see Gold Coast offering that

With Darius close to retiring id imagine, wouldnt be surprised showponys throw a bit at him, especially if his form is brilliant week to week.

NQ desperate to get a decent FB

hindy111

Post Whore

I dont see Gutherson leaving. He is not a million dollar player . Few teams may throw the 700k.Bulldogs perhaps. But I reckon he is type that stays if offers close or within 50k.

We need to re sign our spine by round 10. Moses is good enough. Just the price must be sorted.

hindy111

Post Whore
The rest of squad I wouldn't be that fussed about. Guys like Manu,Mannah I am happy to keep around but they are plug and play.
I would also be keen to put Salmon in centres soon. Parry or GJ maybe options over MJ at a cheaper cost.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You can’t just let players like Mannah, Manu and Jennings leave and replace with some promising junior because they are cheaper.

It’s f**ken stupid, yeah juniors need to be given a chance if they are good enough but gee experience is pretty bloody important too!!

Letting all our experience players go is a good way to f**k our squad balance up again!!

chiefy1

Juniors

With Darius close to retiring id imagine, wouldnt be surprised showponys throw a bit at him, especially if his form is brilliant week to week.

No team will offer anything close to 700k.
And why is our club captain (gutho) using the media as a leverage to pump up his price. Its not a good look for Parramatta when dopes like kent and Matty are saying we're lowballing. The club comes before the individual, and a captain should never put himself before the club.

500 maximum

hindy111

Post Whore
You can’t just let players like Mannah, Manu and Jennings leave and replace with some promising junior because they are cheaper.

It’s f**ken stupid, yeah juniors need to be given a chance if they are good enough but gee experience is pretty bloody important too!!

Letting all our experience players go is a good way to f**k our squad balance up again!!

Guys like
Tepai,Moses,Gutherson,Lane,Brown, Ferguson,Terepo,Jnr, Evan's,Alvaro are all now quite experienced.
And it's not to say we dont sign a better more experienced player to replace a Manu,Jennings or Mannah.
They just are not high priority. Happy with all 3 to stay.

I also feel Stefano,Kafusi and Stone will all see quite a bit of first grade in 2020. Parry unsure about currently. While GJ shouldn't be forgotten about.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I will pay him high. He's the captain and will maintain the stability of the team in the years to come.

Than again, I'm not an accountant :p

84 Baby

Referee

Cows might, broncs probably go Isaako, Tits will throw money at everyone, knights no, manly no, Rorters no, dogs maybe, tigs maybe, Panfers unlikely, Souffs unlikely, Sharks no, Drags maybe with their elastic cap, Canbra might, Scum unlikely, NZ no

Edit - this is obviously very fluid if certain other fullbacks eg Dedwards or Mbye go to complete plop

84 Baby

Referee
I will pay him high. He's the captain and will maintain the stability of the team in the years to come.

Than again, I'm not an accountant :p
It’s an interesting thing. His market value probably isn’t very high because his name isn’t Ponga, Tedesco or Trbfichrinfjevic but if you underpay him significantly then human nature may lead to him getting the shits and not playing very well