What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official King Gutherson Appreciation Thread

emjaycee

Coach
I would probably offer Gutho 4 years at $600k/$650k/$700k/$700k or thereabouts.
He is the Captain and is the 'heart and soul' of the team at the moment.
The cap will rise so any extra over time will be negated.

Whilst he wouldn't be out of place in an Origin jersey, I doubt he will get too many (if any) chances. He may be picked in a "super-sub" role but he has Tedesco and TurboTom in front of him for the #1 spot and he doesn't have the pace to be an Origin centre.

He won't ever really be classed as a "marquee" player, meaning he will always be $200k - $300k below that magic million mark.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^

MANLY have made star Parramatta fullback Clinton Gutherson their number one target for next season.

A Sea Eagles junior, Gutherson has been a shining light for the Eels over the past couple of years but is off contract in a few months and has yet to re-sign with the club.

The 24-year-old utility back began his top grade career at Manly in 2013 before switching to the Eels in 2016.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F06%2F18%2F18%2F28%2FGutherson_180617_g_env.jpg

Gutherson has been impressive in 2019.
He has shone at fullback for Parramatta and while Manly has a world class fullback in Tom Trbojevic, Gutherson can also play centre, wing and five-eighth.

The utility back is a big fan of Eels coach Brad Arthur and may wait until the club decides his fate before signing on at either club for 2020.

But Gutherson’s family all live at Manly and he retains strong ties to the Sea Eagles district.

EelsFan05

Bench
I feel the longer this goes the more we are going to end up paying. I think as it stands he is in the 700-750k range. He was in everything on Saturday night.

If we dont resign BA I believe he will sign to go back to Manly. He'd have to be happy playing in the centre's though.

Gronk

Staff member
How many gun players can you have on your Roster ? Cherry-Evans and the Alphabet Brothers plus Gutho ? I guess with Dessie, who knows ?

JokerEel

First Grade
Manly have no cap space but with Des back at Manly they will just back end his contract so first year at 200k Second 600k Third 1 million Fourth a Billion.

IFR33K

Coach
I believe there was an interview and he was asked about a possible return to manly, and he reminded the reporters that he was once sacked from there.

Having said that, I feel his best position is fullback. He’s not quick enough for centre or wing, and probably lacking some skill for 5/8. His strengths are his energy and fitness levels. And I get the impression he want to be fullback.

Johnny88

Juniors
They said on the radio that the Titans are preparing a offer as well. You would expect other clubs to have a crack if he is still unsigned. Parra playing hardball.

Dibs

Bench
You can’t just let players like Mannah, Manu and Jennings leave and replace with some promising junior because they are cheaper.

It’s f**ken stupid, yeah juniors need to be given a chance if they are good enough but gee experience is pretty bloody important too!!

Letting all our experience players go is a good way to f**k our squad balance up again!!
Yep just ask the Broncos at the moment

Gronk

Staff member
I have no mail on this, but it wouldnt surprise me if he is re-signed before Easter Monday.

It would be nice for BA and Gutho to be signed before Bankwest. That will give some momentum to the rest of the merkins on the roster to get onboard.

T-Boon

Coach
Maybe even more if he ditches his girlfriend for an Indian girl and moves to Harris Park ?

Me and you in charge of Eels promotion/membership and we get a 5k crowd boost in the next couple weeks.....

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah right Gutho is going to go to manly and play centre.

At 5/8 he is worth 400k a nd at centre about the same. He is only worth bigger dollars at fullback.
Penrith have DWZ. While Titans have that young guy coming through Brimson is it?

Manly =0% chance to play fullback. Canberra have a young guy who unsure how rated but otherwise I reckon Cotric ma,y end up there.

Dogs,Cowboys( I reckon Holmes will end up) are the only clubs desperate currently.

Latest posts