What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official King Gutherson Appreciation Thread

emjaycee

Coach
Me and you in charge of Eels promotion/membership and we get a 5k crowd boost in the next couple weeks.....
I am estimating a 15,000+ crowd boost for our next home game (vs Saturday nights home game) and that's with doing nothing.

T.S Quint

Coach
^^^^

But Gutherson’s family all live at Manly and he retains strong ties to the Sea Eagles district.

Lol what?
It’s not like they are on the other side of the world, ffs. They are an hours drive away, maybe less.
Idiot reporter throwing shit like this in there to make his assumption sound more legit, while not seeming to realise that Parramatta and Manly are both still in f**king Sydney.

I live in Balmain. My family lives in Campbelltown. No chance I’m going to get a job out there so I can move closer to them.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol what?
It’s not like they are on the other side of the world, ffs. They are an hours drive away, maybe less.
Idiot reporter throwing shit like this in there to make his assumption sound more legit, while not seeming to realise that Parramatta and Manly are both still in f**king Sydney.

I live in Balmain. My family lives in Campbelltown. No chance I’m going to get a job out there so I can move closer to them.

You've gone and upset Fisher's ghost now.
facepalm.gif

TheParraboy

Staff member
I believe there was an interview and he was asked about a possible return to manly, and he reminded the reporters that he was once sacked from there.

Was it Toovey or Barrett that sacked him? Neither are around to make it matter now.

Also I believe Gutho still lives in the region, probably not a huge influence but never know, especially if being offered 100k a year more

Worst case scenario, we don’t end up resigning BA, he gets announced as Manly assistant for 2020 , all of a sudden Gutho gone to.

T-Boon

Coach
Watching Gutherson go from Parra and Bankwest to Manly and Brookvale would be like watching what has happened to Karl Stefanovic's career. From the Penthouse to the streets.

IFR33K

Coach
They said on the radio that the Titans are preparing a offer as well. You would expect other clubs to have a crack if he is still unsigned. Parra playing hardball.

I wouldn’t say parra playing hardball. I’d say parramatta were waiting to see his form after a poor 2018.

Would any eels fan out there been happy had we buckled and paid him his 700k in the offseason?

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wouldn’t say parra playing hardball. I’d say parramatta were waiting to see his form after a poor 2018.

Would any eels fan out been happy had we buckled and paid him his 700k in the offseason?
Agreed, no one deserved to be re-signed or upgraded after the shit served up last season. Guth and Moses are doing well and it’s great to see but you can’t blame the club for not jumping straight in and offering big coin.

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon we're getting carried away. Well, maybe not "us" on here, but sections of the Eels fan base.

Gutho had an offer. He knew he was better than that offer, but he knew he hadn't shown it. So he gave himself the opportunity to be better and earn what he felt he was worth.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him sign a 600-650k odd deal over the next month or so.

hindy111

Post Whore

Would any eels fan out there been happy had we buckled and paid him his 700k in the offseason?

He was ordinary in 2018.

I wouldn't wa nt to risk 13 games at Manly with 2 knee recos already.

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon we're getting carried away. Well, maybe not "us" on here, but sections of the Eels fan base.

Gutho had an offer. He knew he was better than that offer, but he knew he hadn't shown it. So he gave himself the opportunity to be better and earn what he felt he was worth.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him sign a 600-650k odd deal over the next month or so.

Agree on the figure. Considering his knee issues I wouldn’t want to risk anymore. Let’s not forget he’s captain of the club. If he’s genuinely passionate about the club I’m sure both he and the club will broker a deal somewhere between the 5-700k mark.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Yeah pretty much this, we reportedly made an offer based on his 2018 value, he has said straight out he backs himself to prove he's worth more and rejected it, what else can the club do other than say ok prove it, and actually hope he does.

Yeah pretty much this, we reportedly made an offer based on his 2018 value, he has said straight out he backs himself to prove he's worth more and rejected it, what else can the club do other than say ok prove it, and actually hope he does.
There's no spending cap on time machines.