What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

big hit!

Bench
Disappearing quickly.…….

6BDBA265-B5C5-46C5-A334-02E538386B11.md.jpg

what are the plans for the new ground? I was discussing it with mates after attending the Sydney FC match on Saturday night at the SCG and said that I hope it is two-tier around the whole ground. The SCG is a great venue now with the redeveloped Trumper & Bradman/Noble stands. And the gradient in he O'Reilly stand is fantastic.

If the new SFS is yet another spaceship with single tier ends (the paddo end of old SFS doesn't count - it's more like a mezzanine), like the old SFS and Olympic Stadium, then it's going to be shit. Parra Stadium looks the goods with second tier around the whole joint, and coupled with the gradien, it will be trapping the atmosphere and noise in

what are the plans for the new ground? I was discussing it with mates after attending the Sydney FC match on Saturday night at the SCG and said that I hope it is two-tier around the whole ground. The SCG is a great venue now with the redeveloped Trumper & Bradman/Noble stands. And the gradient in he O'Reilly stand is fantastic.

If the new SFS is yet another spaceship with single tier ends (the paddo end of old SFS doesn't count - it's more like a mezzanine), like the old SFS and Olympic Stadium, then it's going to be shit. Parra Stadium looks the goods with second tier around the whole joint, and coupled with the gradien, it will be trapping the atmosphere and noise in

It’ll likely have two tiers at the ends but a third tier at the side, I doubt it’ll stray significantly from the concept drawings

D5CCE16C-8747-43E4-846A-C2D7C81AEECD.jpeg

Suitman

Post Whore

This is it......

Untitled-1.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
God if it looks anything like those pics, awesome. Hopefully nice and steep, and a roof that covers all the bloody seating instead of the weird half-roofs we get at every Sydney stadium built before now

Rooster8

Juniors
So I’d say the earliest ANZ will start is October 2020.
Then the AFL and CricketAU will come along and say if they keep ANZ the way it is, they'll play 1 game there every 3 years, then we'll be back to where we are now.

As a Chooks and NSW supporter, I'd 100% would like to see the grand final at Suncorp from next year, or the year after on until and indefinite time. You cannot go on about how Suncorp is the world's best RL stadium, and yet only use it for SOO. I'd move the GF up their, and only move it back when the keys are handed over to Olympic park once that mess is converted to Bankwest on roids.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Then the AFL and CricketAU will come along and say if they keep ANZ the way it is, they'll play 1 game there every 3 years, then we'll be back to where we are now.

As a Chooks and NSW supporter, I'd 100% would like to see the grand final at Suncorp from next year, or the year after on until and indefinite time. You cannot go on about how Suncorp is the world's best RL stadium, and yet only use it for SOO. I'd move the GF up their, and only move it back when the keys are handed over to Olympic park once that mess is converted to Bankwest on roids.

Gws will make a couple of finals..

Sydney thunder will sell out a couple of games..

taipan

Referee

There is a commitment in place to make it rectangular.If the State Govt is silly enough to once again go back on the intended rectangular plan
,they will feel the wrath rl, soccer and union combined.
GWS can play their semis at either Motherless Stadium or the SCG.They have had too much feather bedding by Govt as it is.

Last edited:

Rooster8

Juniors
Roosters ready to quit SCG for fan-friendly venue
April 7, 2019 TheLanDownUnder 0 Comments

The Sydney Cricket Ground used to be the most-loved sporting venue in the country.

She was as iconic and as special as the Harbour Bridge and Opera House with all the romance and wonderful tradition.

Sadly, the SCG is now a public relations disaster. She is overused, under siege and incapable of hosting five sporting codes all year around.

The playing surface is a disgrace and dangerous, fans are too far away from the action for the NRL, A-League and Super Rugby and the food and drink prices are of out of reach for average sporting fans.

Last Thursday night the Roosters hosted the Broncos. On paper it was a great game.

f8ffd1997cc24c2e15db01339b0737f5

A small crowd watches the Roosters and Broncos from afar at the SCG.
The NRL premiers are at the SCG for the next three years while the $730 million Allianz Stadium is being built next door.

It cost more than $200 for a family or four to attend. A family ticket for $102 was the cheapest option for walk-up fans. Two beers cost you $19.20. Four hot dogs $28. Four soft drinks $27.20. Parking $25.

All up $202.40 (without tolls and petrol) thank you very much … and on a school night.

No wonder fewer than 10,000 fans turned up.

It’s not enough to rest on tradition because fans have much higher expectations these days.

They want better seats, a better view and more reasonable food and drink prices.

16378a5eb7a9029199628d6341462fdf

Mitchell Aubusson scores a try at the SCG on Thursday night.
The Roosters are already talking about moving key matches from the SCG in 2020.

They want to use the magnificent new Bankwest Stadium for their “home” games against the Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs.

It would be a wise move.

These days it is so easy to stay at home.

For the price of taking the family to the Roosters v Broncos you could have paid for Foxtel for three months. Every game live. No ads. Coverage in 4K. So close you can see the dimples on the football.

Or Kayo for almost a year. All the NRL, all the AFL, rugby union, A-League and cricket.

ff9ff868a4318b94006b421b4700e2e1

The Roosters would prefer to host their blockbusters at the rectangular Bankwest Stadium.
It’s better value than sitting what seems half a kilometre away from the action on a cold night.

Fans want rectangular venues. They will go to the SCG for special one-off events but not every week.

Over the weekend the state of the playing surface again became a major issue.

The turf is patchy and multi-coloured from constant repair work.

Melbourne victory coach Kevin Muscat described the pitch as “disgraceful” after Saturday night’s game against Sydney FC, blaming the surface on a player suffering a serious knee injury.

803eadbd28d11a809d0d73fcf1c027c4

Pathwork SCG… The iconic ground is struggling to host all codes while Allianz Stadium next door is demolished and rebuilt.
“To ask players to come to work and work under those conditions is unacceptable,” Muscat said. “That surface was not conducive to a ball rolling on it. In the middle it was ridiculously hard and unsafe. First and foremost it was dangerous.”

This is not a short-term problem for the SCG.

Fans will cop short-term pain for long-term gain but three years is a long wait for the new 45,000-seater next door.

Something needs to be done now.

The old girl does not deserve to be treated in this manner. And neither do the fans.

Timbo

Staff member
The Chooks should alternate between either BankWest or NSO and Central Coast Stadium for a couple of years. Way better for the fans all round. Maybe ANZAC Day at the SCG for histories sake, and it's going to sell out anyway. The Waratahs have already realized that the SCG is a disaster and have taken more than half their games away, and it's looking increasingly like Sydney FC will be doing the same.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe the Chooks should have surveyed their fans about their preferred fill in option before signing the contract?

Playing those 4 clubs at Bankwest makes sense, could have reciprocal members rights and fill the place. 2 games in Gosford, 1 in Adelaide then 5 games at SCG if must.

adamkungl

Immortal
The Chooks should alternate between either BankWest or NSO and Central Coast Stadium for a couple of years. Way better for the fans all round. Maybe ANZAC Day at the SCG for histories sake, and it's going to sell out anyway. The Waratahs have already realized that the SCG is a disaster and have taken more than half their games away, and it's looking increasingly like Sydney FC will be doing the same.

6 at the SCG, the rest split between NSO, CCS and Adelaide. and Magic Weekend if they persist with it (not a fan).

As I Roosters fan i think it's crucially important that we maintain a strong presence in the East. I would hate to see us play at Bankwst and i live in Parramatta at the moment.
A football club has to represent something and while NSO suits us as a club, sharing Parramatta with Eels, Tigers, Dogs and Rabbitohs does not.
If you don't represent anything and just chase trends, then to me you look like a mighty good target for relocation.

Timbo

Staff member
6 at the SCG, the rest split between NSO, CCS and Adelaide. and Magic Weekend if they persist with it (not a fan).

As I Roosters fan i think it's crucially important that we maintain a strong presence in the East. I would hate to see us play at Bankwst and i live in Parramatta at the moment.
A football club has to represent something and while NSO suits us as a club, sharing Parramatta with Eels, Tigers, Dogs and Rabbitohs does not.
If you don't represent anything and just chase trends, then to me you look like a mighty good target for relocation.

I completely get that, and I'm with you in principle but the SCG for the next three years? It's not looking great.

But a 6/6 split could work I guess.

Latest posts