What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Wrong at Redcliffe?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Five rounds into the season and the usual Redcliffe powerhouse across the grades is totally missing -

Queensland Cup - 1 from 5 (a one point win against Souths)

Colts - 0 from 5 (For and Against of -88)

Mal Meninga Cup - 0 from 5 (For and Against of -70)

Normally particularly strong in the underage teams, any thoughts?

Also 1 for 4 in the BRL too :(

Looked particularly rudderless and kicking game non existent against the Jets. Certainly had enough ball in the second half but didn't score a single point.

Losing Cameron Cullen before the season even started hasn't helped and attack seems to be issue atm in the opening rounds.

As for the underage teams, I can't answer that. It's certainly the worst start I remember seeing the club endure since following them.

ALX25

Juniors
MM for the Dolphins is a mix-match of players from right across QLD.

HDC the same.

I guess talented age groups comes in waves.

It just gets even worse today for Redcliffe with hidings in all 3 grades against Townsville and a loss to the Diehards in the BRL.

What a terrible season this is turning out to be :(

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It just gets even worse today for Redcliffe with hidings in all 3 grades against Townsville and a loss to the Diehards in the BRL.

What a terrible season this is turning out to be :(

And nobody saw it coming. Losing your halfback for the season is undoubtedly a setback but a season like this from a highly successful club smells of disquiet at the place.

Shades of 1975 - defending Premiers Valleys finished last (disquiet at the club) and 1974 Wooden Spooners Wests won the Premiership. Not sure if Mackay can make that history happen again.