What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 13th April 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Honestly cannot wait for this one!!! We need a good rebound from the boys after last week and hopefully they are fired up, switched on and ready to show that the performance against Manly wasn't us.

Great for us to take a game to the Sunshine Coast too!!

No doubt I'll be getting plenty of stick from my workmates about this during the week but I'm gonna give it back don't you worry about that!!!!

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I’m off to the Sunshine Coast. Hopefully the boys handle the warmer daytime conditions better than last weekend and also better than the Warriors.

Travitoh

First Grade
Like the selling of a game to Nth Queensland in previous years, I'm not a fan of selling a game to a stadium that is a little over an hour away from Suncorp Stadium.

I know that the draw was confirmed well before the NRL began expansion suggestions but what good does South Sydney playing North of Brisbane do the competition and the game of rugby league? Surely the NRL have some say in the selling of home games. This is an area that Brisbane or Gold Coast should be used in but that's another discussion.

IMO, if our games aren't going to go country NSW or to expansion areas then what is the point?

Oldmate

Juniors
Sutton needs to be coming off the bench, Lowe can play the first 55. Turner offers very little and I think Britt should be given his chance, in the backline I think moving Graham to centre and Hiroti to the wing would be a better option than using Gagan to replace Inglis, fingers crossed the big man is back this week

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted Line Up for Round 5,

1. Johnston
2. Allan
3. Gagan
4. Gagai
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. T.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. S.Burgess (C)
13. Murray

14. Lowe
15. Knight
16. Nicholls
17. G.Burgess

Gagan was average last week but he should be given another go.

Oldmate

Juniors
My predicted Line Up for Round 5,

1. Johnston
2. Allan
3. Gagan
4. Gagai
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. T.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. S.Burgess (C)
13. Murray

14. Lowe
15. Knight
16. Nicholls
17. G.Burgess

Gagan was average last week but he should be given another go.
Gagan was rubbish, give Graham a shot at centre, the position he played when he captained the Aussie schoolboys, and give hiroti a go on the wing, he’s a weapon and he can kick goals

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Like the selling of a game to Nth Queensland in previous years, I'm not a fan of selling a game to a stadium that is a little over an hour away from Suncorp Stadium.

I know that the draw was confirmed well before the NRL began expansion suggestions but what good does South Sydney playing North of Brisbane do the competition and the game of rugby league? Surely the NRL have some say in the selling of home games. This is an area that Brisbane or Gold Coast should be used in but that's another discussion.

IMO, if our games aren't going to go country NSW or to expansion areas then what is the point?
It does seem a strange decision for a Rabbits home game as Sunshine Coast is s feeder for Melbourne - surely Melbourne should be taking games there!

250excf

Juniors
Gagan was rubbish, give Graham a shot at centre, the position he played when he captained the Aussie schoolboys, and give hiroti a go on the wing, he’s a weapon and he can kick goals
I think giving Hirohito his debut against the warriors huge backline could destroy his confidence, Maumalo , Fusitua etc are huge powerful units

Oldmate

Juniors
Round 5 NRL Line Up to play Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/04/09/round-5-nrl-line-up-to-play-warriors/

Interesting Line Up this week but I think I'm happy with it. Turner in the centres is a bit of a gamble but no doubt he will stiffen up that side defensively and will hopefully be good when coming out of our own end.

Great to see Knight back in the side too!! I loved his work in the first two Rounds.
Stoked to see Knight back, him Tatola and the twins makes for a relentless front row rotation. Think Nicholls is dead weight on the bench, would much rather Kennedy given another run. Turner at centre is worrying for me, his lack of speed in defence could hurt us but I prefer him to Gagan. Not worried about his attack as his direct line running will compliment Cody’s lateral attack beautifully. Hopefully he’s marking Kata

handyman2190

Bench
Stoked to see Knight back, him Tatola and the twins makes for a relentless front row rotation. Think Nicholls is dead weight on the bench, would much rather Kennedy given another run. Turner at centre is worrying for me, his lack of speed in defence could hurt us but I prefer him to Gagan. Not worried about his attack as his direct line running will compliment Cody’s lateral attack beautifully. Hopefully he’s marking Kata
I watched the souths canterbury cup last week, rys kennedy dropped or surrendered possession nearly every time he was given the ball, it was worse than watching george play,id rather nichols

Oldmate

Juniors
I watched the souths canterbury cup last week, rys kennedy dropped or surrendered possession nearly every time he was given the ball, it was worse than watching george play,id rather nichols
Just saw his stats for last weekend, 4 errors, definitely not good enough for first grade, fair call Handyman. He is a strong ball runner though with a great off load and enthusiasm in defence. With our current pack we need dynamic forwards coming off the bench, Nicholls is safe and reliable but very one dimensional. Hopefully Britt is back to full health soon, showed some great form towards the back end of last year, scored a few tries in reserve grade and runs exceptional lines.

Oldmate

Juniors
@Handyman, having watched the Canterbury cup games, what’s your opinion on Amone and Koloamatangi, the latter seems to be really coming of age, I see he’s been playing lock, Do you know if he’s more of a prop or backrower? Can’t find much info