What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th IS unacceptale

Old Timer

Coach
Bad post on a few levels

First of all considering our performances since signing him have been overall much improved.

Second of all that figure is bullshit I think we all know that

Third of all Dragons were simply always going to have to pay a large sum for someone with the criteria we were after. Should we have thrown the house at Cronk for 2 years and been faced with losing two halves in two years? I'm glad we settled our 7 long term

Think you're also forgetting Hunt being the best 7 in the NRL for much of last season. Forced his into the QLD 7 jumper ahead of Morgan who the year prior charged his team to the GF

Ben Hunt is a great player. Cap is only going up and we don't have to worry about a halfback for 5 years
I think we have real issues for the fact we have Hunt locked in for the next 5 years.
Anybody in the halves that we have on the books now will / should leave and anybody playing Harold Matthews & Jersey Flegg would have to say their options are potentially much better at other clubs.
Such a long signing IMO is a real disincentive to many players in our system.

possm

Coach
I think we have real issues for the fact we have Hunt locked in for the next 5 years.
Anybody in the halves that we have on the books now will / should leave and anybody playing Harold Matthews & Jersey Flegg would have to say their options are potentially much better at other clubs.
Such a long signing IMO is a real disincentive to many players in our system.

Millward needed help to sign Hunt. A huge pay upgrade was not enough and signing him for such a long term was all he could do too secure the deal. In the past SGI refused to sign the likes of Cronk, Pearce, Maloney, Bird and Johnson, all at the time who were playing well or played well during their next contract.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Millward needed help to sign Hunt. A huge pay upgrade was not enough and overing him such a long term was all he could do too secure the signing. In the past SGI refused to sign the likes of Cronk, Pearce, Maloney, Bird and Johnson, all at the time who were playing well or played well during their next contract.
Just about everything in this statement is fabricated especially the way you say the Hunt deal came about insinuating Millward was not capable It is called negotiation which everyone needs to do if you want a player at your club.
We did try for Cronk and Bird (2nd time round) and Johnson not available. would take Hunt over the rest.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Millward needed help to sign Hunt. A huge pay upgrade was not enough and overing him such a long term was all he could do too secure the signing. In the past SGI refused to sign the likes of Cronk, Pearce, Maloney, Bird and Johnson, all at the time who were playing well or played well during their next contract.

BS Possm totally

BLM01

First Grade
Is 6th at the end of Round 6 unacceptable. Cause that is what it will be. Actually Broncs are 14th..:p

giboz71

First Grade
4-2 is completely fine at this stage. One win less than Storm and Roosters.

Big road trips to Brisbane, Newy and Townsville was always going to be a challenge in the first month. Still plenty of improvement in us I think, the new "spine" is only 3 weeks old after all.

Some on here were likely predicting 1-5 so I think we're travelling ok.