What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Titans

Sime_11

Juniors
im not convinced we will win, our defence has looked better but we look so poor in attack, but again we dug in and came out with another comeback victory so the belief will always be there till the end.....

we just snuck home against GC in the same fixture last year Kikau > Waqa > DWZ at the death, Titans will be up for this one

Panfa

Juniors
We have to get off to a good start we cant keep chasing points we have had a whole offseason to fix our starts and we are still starting slow.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his squad to face Victoria Thunderbolts at Casey Fields on Saturday.

Panthers v Thunderbolts
Casey Fields
2pm Saturday 13 April

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Charlie STAINES
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Thomas LOFTS
5. Matthew FAAUILA
6. Matt BURTON
7. Brendan HANDS
8. Spencer LENIU
9. Dylan MCBAIN
10. Brad GAUT
11. Terrell MAY
12. Shawn BLORE
13. J'maine HOPGOOD (c)

14. Adam FEARNLEY
15. Jack QUINN
16. Jayden TANNER
17. Alex MYLES
18. Ratu NANOVO
19. Ryan PRITCHARD
20. Hayden BONNANO
21. Glenn MCGRADY

Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has named his side to face Western Suburbs Magpies at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

Panthers v Magpies
Leichhardt Oval
1.10pm Sunday 14 April

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Matheson JOHNS
4. Brent NADEN
5. Brian TOO
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Kaide ELLIS (c)
9. Mitch KENNY
10. Tim GRANT
11. Jed CARTWRIGHT
12. Liam MARTIN
13. Jack HETHERINGTON

14. Reed IZZARD
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Billy BURNS
17. Paea PUA
18. Billy TSIKRIKAS

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Friday.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Dylan Edwards have switched positions, with the Kiwis captain handed the fullback role and Edwards named on the right wing.

Tyrell Fuimaono returns on the bench after overcoming an ankle injury. He replaces Frank Winterstein, who suffered a knee injury in the win over Wests Tigers.

The Panthers will wear the white 2019 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Titans
Cbus Super Stadium
6pm Friday 12 April

1. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Waqa BLAKE - sponsored by OAK Plus
5. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU - sponsored by Signace
9. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Hertz
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Chemtools
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Tyrell FUIMAONO - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Hame SELE - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by CETNAJ Dural/Rouse Hill
19. Tim GRANT - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta
20. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Fantastic Framing
21. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by OAK Plus

mxlegend99

Referee
Need to get Luai into the side and stop rotating 2 average hookers. Luai will take some scoots from dummy half, give crisp service and put the defence in two minds.

I really dont understand why we would waste a bench spot on a player who can only fill in one position and does an average job at it. Luai could easily match what they offer at hooker while giving us something extra aswell.

Glad tosee DWZ in the #1. I really hope if Edwards has a shocker he is dropped completely. Hopefully he goes well on the wing though.

TheFrog

Coach
I really hope if Edwards has a shocker he is dropped completely.
Never mind, I thought you were hoping he has a shocker. I've got a feeling he won't.

Both Katoa and Egan are capable of scoots from dummy half. I've seen them do it. It's time they were told they can do it if they see an opening.

Look, we're not going to win the premiership if we can't score against the best sides and I agree our attack is struggling at the moment... but look at the teams we have played.

Eels (72pts conceded, 9th best in competition)
Knights (54 pts conceded, 4th best in competition)
Storm (40pts conceded, best in competition)
Tigers (43 pts conceded, 2nd best in competition)

Tigers, Knights and Storm especially are the sort of sides were defensive grinds are expected.

I am by no means confident we will definitely win on Friday, particularly against a side desperate for their first win, but I still secretly think that we will find much more success in attack, particularly on the edges against the Titans. Their pack is very strong but their edges are weak and we can exploit them there with early ball to Kikau and Blake. If we step up like we have all year (ignore that second half against Melbourne) in defence, we should win.

age.s

First Grade
Look, we're not going to win the premiership if we can't score against the best sides and I agree our attack is struggling at the moment... but look at the teams we have played.

Eels (72pts conceded, 9th best in competition)
Knights (54 pts conceded, 4th best in competition)
Storm (40pts conceded, best in competition)
Tigers (43 pts conceded, 2nd best in competition)

Tigers, Knights and Storm especially are the sort of sides were defensive grinds are expected.

I am by no means confident we will definitely win on Friday, particularly against a side desperate for their first win, but I still secretly think that we will find much more success in attack, particularly on the edges against the Titans. Their pack is very strong but their edges are weak and we can exploit them there with early ball to Kikau and Blake. If we step up like we have all year (ignore that second half against Melbourne) in defence, we should win.

What those teams have in common is that they've all faced us though.

What those teams have in common is that they've all faced us though.

Yeah I guess it's a fair point. Some teams have had success against them, others haven't. I just hope that the Titans play our attack into form because they typically don't have the best defence.

TeamSatan

Juniors
One try in two games.

Up there and they are desperate.

We used a miracle last week.

I have a bad feeling about this.

I really am a fan of Edward’s.
Not as a winger.
We are lacking depth in some positions.
Sauce needs to do far better.
Our hooker needs to run and kick occasionally.
Half the side is going good.
The other half terrible.
We need the terrible to go better.