What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership 2019.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Ive never understood the whole membership thing from a supporters point of view. Why do it? What do you get out of it?
Tickets can be purchased at the gates and merchandise an be purchased at sporting outlets. Why buy tickets upfront? Maybe its pissing rain that day and you don't want to go? Maybe you have a headache and prefer to watch at home?
I've never been a member and I'd consider myself a diehard Dragons fan of many years.
What am I missing?

It comes down to perspective.

Writing as someone with a physical disability, the value I receive from a Red V Membership is a reserved seat at both the club’s home grounds. On average, it takes twu-and-a-half hours (one way) for a trip down to the ‘Gong, and there is great benefit in knowing that there’s a specific place for my tired legs (and ever widening arse) on the halfway line.

If it’s not the best seat in the house, it’s close to it.

All the other bits are superfluous, including a stupid cap which makes us all look as though we’re paying homage to the defunct North Sydney Bears. For those interested, this year’s design won by an “overwhelming” majority of 26%.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ive never understood the whole membership thing from a supporters point of view. Why do it? What do you get out of it?
Tickets can be purchased at the gates and merchandise an be purchased at sporting outlets. Why buy tickets upfront? Maybe its pissing rain that day and you don't want to go? Maybe you have a headache and prefer to watch at home?
I've never been a member and I'd consider myself a diehard Dragons fan of many years.
What am I missing?

It’s a fair Question.
I became a member last year, even though I have been living in Europe for a long long time now. It’s probably a waste of money as I can’t attned games etc. I just felt like it was a way to boost involvement, though in reality I get a supporters package and not really anything else... it’s really the feel good factor and commitment from me.

If cash was tight I wouldn’t do it.

George Dragon

Juniors
What am I missing?
I get the faithful package. You can then pick the games you want to attend and get a discount in tickets. I also attend most lower grade games and get a discount on admission l, that alone pays for my membership. Fans also like the members functions.

Dragonsamy

Bench
It's convenient more than anything for me. Also it's cheaper than buying a undercover seat every time for every home game. If I can't make it I give my ticket to a family member or friend so somebody will always go but now that I don't have to pay for my ticket for little different. There is events for members that are exclusive and a very handy for the children or grandchildren especially. But otherwise in that probably no more convenient than anything else.
Have to agree with Jimmy This year's cap I'd not the best as it is to small.

possm

Coach
Damn it @possm I want to agree it's a mess but facts and evidence suggest otherwise. We may need @muzby to help adjudicate

My good forum friend, we go back a long way however, I doubt we will ever be on the same page for many subjects. However, I do respect your right to express your opinion and always enjoy reading your posts.

All I can say is just look at the state of our leagues club and the number of competition won before and after Frank Facer was in charge. We are in decline, on and off the field, and with no real prospect on correcting this some tome soon.

gitano

Juniors
My good forum friend, we go back a long way however, I doubt we will ever be on the same page for many subjects. However, I do respect your right to express your opinion and always enjoy reading your posts.

All I can say is just look at the state of our leagues club and the number of competition won before and after Frank Facer was in charge. We are in decline, on and off the field, and with no real prospect on correcting this some tome soon.
So merging with our long time enemy Cronulla, as you suggested, is a better fix?

getsmarty

Immortal
dsc_0014.jpg

DRAGONS

Red V Members: watch the Dragons train
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 4 Apr 2019, 04:13 PM

Red V Members are exclusively invited to the Dragons’ Round 5 Captain’s Run, Saturday 13 April at Nestrata Jubilee Stadium.

Watch the team make their final preparations in their last training session ahead of their highly-anticipated clash against the Bulldogs.

• Where: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah
  • When: Saturday 13 April
  • Time: 10.30am
Please RSVP by visiting www.marchwithus.com.au or clicking here.

Become a Red V Member today for exclusive behind the scenes access to the team, discounts, prizes and so much more! Visit marchwithus.com.au or click here.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/04/red-v-members-watch-the-dragons-train/

getsmarty

Immortal
20000_fans_1000_565.jpeg

MEMBERSHIP

Dragons reach 20,000 Red V members
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 9 Apr 2019, 12:14 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons are excited to announce that 20,000 Red V members have now signed up with the club for the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The incredible milestone of 20,000 Red V members has only twice been reached previously by the club – in 2011, following the Dragons' premiership-winning success the year prior, and the 2018 season.

The Dragons have now set their eyes on surpassing the one-season record-number of 21,245 members from last year, in what will be another momentous occasion in the club's rich history.

Dragons back-rower Tariq Sims thanked the Red V members for their unbelievable contributions so far in 2019.

"Everyone knows how passionate our Red V members are, and we're so proud to see the Dragons hit the 20,000 member mark," Sims said.

"On behalf of myself, my teammates, the coaching staff and club, I'd like to thank you all. We appreciate your support and I can't wait to see each and every one of you at our games."

After claiming back-to-back wins, and to recognise the support of the Red V members, this achievement will be celebrated at this weekend's Round 5 clash against the Bulldogs at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

Several lucky Red V members will soon be contacted to take part in an exclusive game day experiences at Sunday's game. These members will have the chance to watch the team warm up on the field from the sideline as well as form a guard of honour as the team runs out.

Red V members are also welcome to watch the Dragons' captain's run this Saturday, April 13 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. For more information and to RSVP, click here.

With an eye towards achieving a breakthrough 22,000 Red V members; it's not too late to belong, connect and commit to the Dragons by signing up for a membership.

By signing up for a Dragons Red V membership, you will have access to exclusive member benefits, best value prices on merchandise, direct access to the team and save upwards of 48 per cent on walk-up ticket prices.

Our ticketed and non-ticketed membership packages are suitable for Dragons supporters of all ages, in all locations. Whether you're from the heartland of Wollongong or Kogarah to across the country or around globe, the Dragons has a membership for you.

For more information, visit www.marchwithus.com.au or contact the membership team on 1300 DRAGON (1300 372 466) or email via redv@dragons.com.au.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/09/dragons-reach-20000-red-v-members/

Water11

Juniors
Hmmm...Not a good sign tbh. This is kind of successful in a way and will be used as a way to advertise numbskulls reinstatement. Argh!!!!!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Hmmm...Not a good sign tbh. This is kind of successful in a way and will be used as a way to advertise numbskulls reinstatement. Argh!!!!!

The Club fiddles while Rome burns on the paddock

You’re becoming a latterday Nero Brian

And the barbarians will soon be at the gates

Life's Good

Coach
Well, I forked out $250 for my Kogarah season ticket & I was pumped entering the ground tonight. Get to my seat (Top tier, halfway) & my seat is broken - Dragons footy.....

I just wanted to say thanks to the club for getting my seat fixed for yesterdays game. They acted swiftly to get this sorted.

Latest posts