What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Broncos @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Broncos v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
I like that team. I like ET but the team picked for tomorrow looks like it will have more impact through the middle.

Trev - he was really poor last week. He has to be mistake free to retain his spot because he doesn't get us rolling forward.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Looking at the names teams I feel more confident. The Broncos team is surely one of the weakest they’ve had on paper in a long time. I’d like to think that some of our more experienced guys in the pack can get over the much hyped but little substance young broncos forwards. Apart from Oates there’s very little strike power in the back line.

I’d like to see Nofa come back. Personally I’d ditch Jennings, move Fonua to center and have Nofa on the flank. I’d probably have McQueen come in for MCK aswell.

With the broncos 1-3 and back at Suncorp we know every 50/50 will go their way, we just have to be good enough so one dud call doesn’t cost us a game.

It won’t be easy but I genuinely think we can win this. It will be another low scoring game. I’d say 14-10 our way.

The unknown

Juniors
Interesting how we play without ET in general. I can't recall him missing many games due to injury

Obviously not expecting aloiai to be a defensive workhorse and I'm guessing the huth and him will probably rotate

Vic Mackey

Referee
Btw I'm hearing Thompson will be our new goal kicker

Madge confirmed Marsters is kicking, also said we’re 1-17. With the new starting pack it’s clear Madge wants a fast, aggressive start. Interesting that Mikaele is playing only 4 days after a nsw Cup game. I’m guessing he’ll only play 20-25 mins. He played with and against a lot of these broncos forwards growing up so will be pumped. I reckon we’ll get them.

gordynz

Juniors
I can see us really getting up for this. Madge will have the boys rockin and rollin tomorrow night! Refs to keep them in the game but in the end us by 8.

The unknown

Juniors
Madge confirmed Marsters is kicking, also said we’re 1-17. With the new starting pack it’s clear Madge wants a fast, aggressive start. Interesting that Mikaele is playing only 4 days after a nsw Cup game. I’m guessing he’ll only play 20-25 mins. He played with and against a lot of these broncos forwards growing up so will be pumped. I reckon we’ll get them.

Well I guess if Madge backs him then I'll back him...I heard from a reliable source Thompson is the best goal kicker at the club by far but they've persisted with Marsters for some reason

BrotherJim05

Bench
Looking at our team's form we should be 3-1. We've scored more tries against every team we have played against except for Bulldogs. Marsters kicking is the reason we are 2-2 but I'm hoping whatever demons he has messing with him right now he shakes it off this round. Madge even said "Marsters if kicking at 90% in training". Its not a skill problem, its a pressure problem that can be addressed.

We easily win this if:
- Our pack play like they did in Round 1 and 2
- Marsters kicks to at least 70%
- Brooks plays smart and safe (Reynolds can set up some magic)

The unknown

Juniors
Looking at our team's form we should be 3-1. We've scored more tries against every team we have played against except for Bulldogs. Marsters kicking is the reason we are 2-2 but I'm hoping whatever demons he has messing with him right now he shakes it off this round. Madge even said "Marsters if kicking at 90% in training". Its not a skill problem, its a pressure problem that can be addressed.

We easily win this if:
- Our pack play like they did in Round 1 and 2
- Marsters kicks to at least 70%
- Brooks plays smart and safe (Reynolds can set up some magic)

I even thought our forwards outplayed penriths l. it was execution that let us down

Latest posts