What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Do I?

Or am I just pointing out that our ancestors were more primitive people, with more primitive ideas?

Here's a hint, it's that one, not whatever half-arsed obfuscation you've attempted to spin.

Also, universally against homosexuality? Have you ever studied a history book? The Greeks and Romans certainly weren't. Most cultures didn't give a shit. Hell, even the Christians didn't care a jot about who you rooted until about the 12th century.

Then we can get on to homosexuality in nature, if you like.

Many Greek and Roman aristocrats engaged in homosexual acts, but they married the opposite sex.

age.s

First Grade
God who cares. Let them be gay. Let Israel be a backwards douche. Let us laugh at him.

For a supposed tolerant society we sure do have a problem with wrongthink.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
God who cares. Let them be gay. Let Israel be a backwards douche. Let us laugh at him.

It's great to see tolerance goes both ways.... to homosexuals and religious people.....

Timbo

Staff member
Many Greek and Roman aristocrats engaged in homosexual acts, but they married the opposite sex.

What the f**k does that matter? It means they accepted homosexuality as a practice and were less bigoted than a footballer 2,000+ years later.

Bazal

Post Whore

Obfuscation.

I didn't mention marriage. Did you mention marriage? What does the arbitrary construction that is marriage have to do with homosexuality? Don't shift the goalposts

You said:

Whip Whitaker said:
Yet, both Eastern and Western cultures were universally against homosexuality back then

But now you're saying:

So were they universally against homosexuality, or did many of them practice homosexual acts

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
What the f**k does that matter? It means they accepted homosexuality as a practice and were less bigoted than a footballer 2,000+ years later.

What matters is people take a slice of what they think is history to make an argument. You correct their understanding, so they then change the subject.

Bazal

Post Whore

It's great to see tolerance goes both ways.... to homosexuals and religious people.....

Why should tolerance extend to tolerating intolerance?

This isn't about being intolerant of religion. It's about being intolerant of homophobia. Religion is an outdated concept that is utterly irrelevant in the modern world, but I do not begrudge anyone faith. I grew up Catholic.

What I do begrudge is homophobia, and bigotry in general. And honestly any religion or other organisation that has tenets based in homophobia deserves to be consigned to the past where it belongs.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Obfuscation.

I didn't mention marriage. Did you mention marriage? What does the arbitrary construction that is marriage have to do with homosexuality? Don't shift the goalposts

You said:

But now you're saying:

So were they universally against homosexuality, or did many of them practice homosexual acts

I've had my say and I am not going to let this go back and forward anymore.

Bazal

Post Whore
What matters is people take a slice of what they think is history to make an argument. You correct their understanding, so they then change the subject.

Haha. Yes, that's exactly what you've just done when I corrected your incorrect slice of history. I quoted it for you and everything.

And now you've run away after your falsehoods were questioned

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Haha. Yes, that's exactly what you've just done when I corrected your incorrect slice of history. I quoted it for you and everything.

And now you've run away after your falsehoods were questioned

I am up for a debate. Not sure the rest of LU is. I put my hand up... I have had a strong role in (inadvertently) derailing this thread.

Latest posts