What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The question not Marshal/Reynolds? it’s Marshal/Brooks?

I think tonight’s performance threw a spanner in the works in regards to a Marshall / Reynolds 6 & 7 combo.

Consistency is what we all want from Brooks and at the level he played tonight please.

Great game.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lawrence can slot into the right edge at the expense of Garner. The question is does Chee-Kam move to the left centre spot. Chee-Kam stays in the team at worst off the bench.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
3. Chee Kam
6. Benji
7. Brooks
14. Reynolds

Best way to fit all that quality into our side. Reynolds is a great player in any position. He should come on at the 20 minute mark and just rove - he’d be great.

Tiger05

First Grade
3. Chee Kam
6. Benji
7. Brooks
14. Reynolds

Best way to fit all that quality into our side. Reynolds is a great player in any position. He should come on at the 20 minute mark and just rove - he’d be great.

For mine it's Reynolds or Benji. We need 4 forwards on the bench.

Das Hassler

Bench
Injuries are the most reliable thing in the NRL and will only be moreso with the pace of this years game ( refereeing)....figuring where everyone fits is pointless. ...depth "in position" is gold...the depth is every bit a part of the season's big picture

west4ever

Juniors
I think benji will be a better option at 1 than mbye, mbye the worst player on the field tonight, the 4 forwards on the bench are gold.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wonder where Lawrence fits in now? Maybe lock?

Chris comes back off the bench, then starting after a game or two. I know Garners been impressive but people forget how good CL was last year. Brooksy misses having him hit that hard inside line. Garner runs the outside line, he does it well but it doesn’t spread the defence like the inside run does.

Tiger05

First Grade
Chris comes back off the bench, then starting after a game or two. I know Garners been impressive but people forget how good CL was last year. Brooksy misses having him hit that hard inside line. Garner runs the outside line, he does it well but it doesn’t spread the defence like the inside run does.

Yep. Garner is great and we should do our best to retain him. Lawrence though is I think a little better. Garner to replace Lawrence when Lawrence retires.

Shredder

Juniors
Madge has shown he want forwards on the bench. Most of us have been calling for a bigger bench since Sheens, so lets just go with it.

Benji sits in reserves waiting for an injury, like he was hired to do.

I think those who think Garner is going to be dropped for Lawrence may be disappointed. The team is doing well, Garner is younger and Lawrence is in his last year of contract. Garner has significantly more upside the the fact the dropped ET shows his giving the younger guys a go.

simmo1

First Grade
Garner has been great but he did miss the tackle on Nikorima to let the Broncos back in the game. I think Lawrence will start with Garner coming off the bench.

No utility on the bench. Needs to be 4 forwards.

Front-Rower

First Grade
If we want to make semis/win competitions we need to find another back rower to compliment Matterson. They might be good guys though Lawrence and Garner are not the answer.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we want to make semis/win competitions we need to find another back rower to compliment Matterson. They might be good guys though Lawrence and Garner are not the answer.

I don't get this comment at all. We have great edge back-row options now. Matterson has been great but so has Garner. Lawrence was unreal last season and to me slots straight back in.

On top of that Chee-Kam is a weapon and can easily slot into an edge role. I just think Chee-Kam can't play to his high level for 80 minutes whereas the other 3 all can play to a high level for 80 minutes.

I think Garner has missed a few tackles and his running game is a little below Lawrences and that is why I'd slot Lawrence in.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don't get this comment at all. We have great edge back-row options now. Matterson has been great but so has Garner. Lawrence was unreal last season and to me slots straight back in.

On top of that Chee-Kam is a weapon and can easily slot into an edge role. I just think Chee-Kam can't play to his high level for 80 minutes whereas the other 3 all can play to a high level for 80 minutes.

I think Garner has missed a few tackles and his running game is a little below Lawrences and that is why I'd slot Lawrence in.

You only look at what we have in the bubble. Need to expand your thinking. And to be honest, are other teams really shaking in their boots about Lawrence, Garner and Chee-Kam? I don’t think so

Latest posts