What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

assess5

Juniors
Contract talks between Gutho and Parra couldn't be further apart if rumour is to be believed.
Gutho to FB, AJ to wing and Graham to centre sounds good to me.

Bringing back Aaron Gray to play/cover centre in 2019 could be a decent option. Not getting a look in at Cronulla who are under cap pressure.

Aaron Gray is not good enough that's why he's not getting a look in, Christ how old is Goodwin, he was a year shy of pension age when he left Souths, solid player and all but he looked good because of a lot of 'ordinary' around him, shone like a star.

I am real glad Dylan Walker is gone.

South Sydney Rabbitohs can not possibly be that desperate that the likes of Walker and Gray, not so much Goodwin are discussed as serious replacements for Inglis. I'd rather have Turner in the centres for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
You're picturing him in the shower, aren't ya Willie?
Go and f**k yourself u dirty foulmouthed dog toad
I want to know moderator when your going to start moving this mug to the trolls, he has had no reason except to incite a derogative response and i take offence, and if youve noticed other welcome posters have stopped because of him, and just putting him on ignore dosent work while he bags everyone and clears the forum, his name suggests that he is trying to make us all run,he is the toad in deguise.

Last edited:

assess5

Juniors
I don't know what the big panic is about. They got beaten Golden point field goal after Reynolds, who had a shocker, hit the post. Gagan had his first game in first grade, didn't go to bad.

Manly had a blinder, really stuck it to Souths and Souths stuck it right back to em, from the twenty first minute to the sixty-fifth minute. Would a been a great game if there hadn't been so much sloppy handling.

Let's not panic.

Some of the names you guys pull out of the blue, stone the crows, Aaron Gray? geez.

Inglis ain't gone yet and if he does go, so what.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
Go and f**k yourself u dirty foulmouthed dog toad
I want to know moderator when your going to start moving this mug to the trolls, he has had no reason except to incite a derogative response and i take offence, and if youve noticed other welcome posters have stopped because of him, and just putting him on ignore dosent work while he bags everyone and clears the forum, his name suggests that he is trying to make us all run,he is the toad in deguise.
Oh calm down Willie. I know Israel Folau attacking your lifestyle has made the last few days upsetting, but there's no need for tantrums or conspiracy theories.

If you're too sensitive to handle a bit of banter, just put me on ignore.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
James Roberts to Souths? Thoughts?
No thanks.

He might be (apparently) off the coke, but he's still a problem drinker who can't stay out of trouble.

He's out of sight a bit up in Brisbane, but his actions would be torn apart under the Sydney spotlight (the way they were previously), but we don't need him disrupting the playing group and driving away potential sponsors.

Besides, if we want a right centre who's a bit ordinary in defence, we already have Dane Gagai

assess5

Juniors

assess5

Juniors
No thanks.

He might be (apparently) off the coke, but he's still a problem drinker who can't stay out of trouble.

He's out of sight a bit up in Brisbane, but his actions would be torn apart under the Sydney spotlight (the way they were previously), but we don't need him disrupting the playing group and driving away potential sponsors.

Besides, if we want a right centre who's a bit ordinary in defence, we already have Dane Gagai

'Bit ordinary in defence', geez mate, your a hard taskmaster, what with centre being the most difficult position on the field, for defence.

I'm very happy with Gagai, as is the Qld Soo side.

Let's see what Bennett does, I think, if he's concerned at all, he'll bring a young guy from Qld that nobody's heard of and that'll sort out the centre shortage.

250excf

Juniors
No thanks.

Totally agree Dane is definitely an average defender at best we were warned by Newcastle fans about his non existent defence at times , he’s definitely not playing SOO for his defence if anyone has watched a Souths game they will know exactly what Danes defence is like

250excf

Juniors
'Bit ordinary in defence', geez mate, your a hard taskmaster, what with centre being the most difficult position on the field, for defence.

I'm very happy with Gagai, as is the Qld Soo side.

Let's see what Bennett does, I think, if he's concerned at all, he'll bring a young guy from Qld that nobody's heard of and that'll sort out the centre shortage.
He got given a bath when we played St George by Laffai and is not much better most games

assess5

Juniors
Totally agree Dane is definitely an average defender at best we were warned by Newcastle fans about his non existent defence at times , he’s definitely not playing SOO for his defence if anyone has watched a Souths game they will know exactly what Danes defence is like

I think you stuck the above in the wrong place because that was about Roberts drug/alcohol ?

Anny way

He got given a bath when we played St George by Laffai and is not much better most games

I agree Laffai beat Gagai twice, powered straight over the top of him to score two trys.
Still prefer Gagai because you know he'll give you an hundred percent effort.
As I said, centre is the hardest place to defend , the attack is coming at you at top pace and most of can sidestep a mile or turn like a kangaroo on a back road or like Latrell Mitchell, Inglis, Laffai, use their greater size and weight to break the line.

If you look at Johnston this year, twice now he has got in front of the attacker (Trogorvic? last game) and ended up over the line under the attacker who still scored. I'd say at least Johnston putting his body on the line last year he wasn't.

I guess Gagai's in SOo for his good looks

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think you stuck the above in the wrong place because that was about Roberts drug/alcohol ?

Anny way

I agree Laffai beat Gagai twice, powered straight over the top of him to score two trys.
As I said, centre is the hardest place to defend , the attack is coming at you at top pace and most of can sidestep a mile or turn like a kangaroo on a back road or like Latrell Mitchell, Inglis, Laffai, use their greater size and weight to break the line.

If you look at Johnston this year, twice now he has got in front of the attacker (Trogorvic? last game) and ended up over the line under the attacker who still scored. I'd say at least Johnston putting his body on the line last year he wasn't.

I guess Gagai's in SOo for his good looks
Gagai's in soo on the wing NOT centre.

ThingFish

Juniors

I think you could be spot on here, and that name could be Gehamat Shibasaki. Word in the Twitterverse is we are talking with him at the moment.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bennett drops hint on Inglis' NRL future

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett admits "the signs aren't good" for Greg Inglis and is unsure whether his star will return to the NRL.While still hopeful of having him back next week, Bennett said not even surgery would heal the chronic shoulder issue his skipper is now facing.Asked whether Inglis would keep playing, Bennett said on Friday: "I don't know that. I don't know why he should or shouldn't. I mean, it's something for him to decide."That's why he's away for now, to get himself out of the bubble that we all live in and get a bit of reality in life."Bennett has been in regular contact with Inglis - who will miss his third straight match - since giving him this week off to assess his long-term future. He confirmed the 32-year-old struggles with arthritis in his left shoulder and can't lift it above his head or away from his body. He also likened it to former Brisbane centre Jack Reed, who was forced into retirement three years ago due to a similar issue."It flares up and it goes from bad to good to worse. (It's) unpredictable, all over the shop with it," Bennett said of Inglis' shoulder problems.

https://world-sports-news-today.blo...5Bc2CswnTqvIS77ppyjemQw0e6O18UUZCF0FcPOrmaf6c