What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld era of failure

Cactus

Juniors
Are we entering an era where Qld NRL teams have lost their mojo completely ?

If the Bulldogs win this weekend & the Cowboys lose v Storm then we could have the bottom 3 positions on the NRL ladder (14th 15th 16th) taken up by the 3 Qld clubs.

Has Billy Moore yelled "Queenslander" just too many times or is the just something rotten in canetoadville ?

Timbo

Staff member

e8a.gif

EAD Queensland.

MrBlack

Juniors

If the Bulldogs win this weekend & the Cowboys lose v Storm then we could have the bottom 3 positions on the NRL ladder (14th 15th 16th) taken up by the 3 Qld clubs.

Has Billy Moore yelled "Queenslander" just too many times or is the just something rotten in canetoadville ?

LOL @ Qld

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It doesn’t really help that the majority of Queenslanders don’t play for QLD clubs
Was just thinking this, I imagine the Storm would have as many Maroons reps as the Broncos now wouldn't they?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What goes around comes around, especially in sport.
To keep some perspective the other 3 bottom 6 clubs are NSW clubs. Seems its the heartlands that have a problem?

t-ba

Post Whore
What goes around comes around, especially in sport.
To keep some perspective the other 3 bottom 6 clubs are NSW clubs. Seems its the heartlands that have a problem?

So 50% of the bottom six is NSW clubs in a league in which 62.5% of the clubs are from NSW?

Sounds to me like overpreforming!

No, the last 10 years, as the Broncos head of scouting and recruitment was Cyril Connell who was very good. He passed away in 2009.

So I hear, but please explain to me how Cyril Connell was good at his job?

A few of his misses:
Smith
Thurston
Slater
Cronk
Papali'i
DCE
and so on.

The lack of another powerful QLD club in the 90s masked his inefficiency. Once Melbourne came along, he couldn't compete in picking the best talent.

some11

Referee
So I hear, but please explain to me how Cyril Connell was good at his job?
Well geez, maybe in his twilight years he wasn't as good as when he was recruiting for multiple premiership teams.

Go piss on his grave if you feel that strongly about it.