What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Jason Demetriou.and before you tell me he's not a proven coach, in my opinion he has more than fulfilled his apprenticeship ... ...
Spot on
Anyone that thinks Demetriou is not the real deal doesn't know what they are talking about.
He has a wealth of experience at the top level and, above all, he has results wherever he has been allowed to ply his trade.
It just hasn't been FG as head coach yet..
Very savvy coach with fresh ideas and promotes a great style of attractive footy.
St. George junior and would have been a great appointment back before McGregor's first extension.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
huh yea ok.., i just know if we sack McGregor there is no better replacement meaning theres a good chance a wooden spoon will follow.. under mcgregor, no wooden spoon.. i know you hate him, but that is your problem, not his.. anyways keep hateing while i enjoy watching and supporting a competitive dragons team that has a chance at the big one, iv tried to show the haters the light but you guys refuse to look.. have a good weekend, ill be on the hill in kograh watching us pump the doggies... mostly thanks to mcgregor..

You my friend are in need of a reality check.

You see, we do not hate the coach or anyone else.
They are your words only, for which your selection is poor.
Many of us are not happy that we have a multi-million dollar team yet, we have an untrained, novice who was in the first instance, appointed as an interim coach.
The board in their wisdom, allowed the said person to blossom into a full time coach, in name only.

Do you allow a novice to fly a passenger aircraft or do you ensure that a fully trained professional should only be entrusted to utilise the million dollar investment?

Does a million dollar business hire a person with a calculator or an accountant to do their books?

Why is it our board have decided to differ from the norm when it comes to doing business?
Especially when the chosen one has failed for the past five years?
its not logical, its not right, it reeks of the Boys Club attitude that we seem to suffer from, hence, we fans are the ones suffering because of their lack due diligence.

Don't you think we are entitled to complain after five years of incompetence?

LINESPEED

Juniors
You my friend are in need of a reality check.

You see, we do not hate the coach or anyone else.
They are your words only, for which your selection is poor.
Many of us are not happy that we have a multi-million dollar team yet, we have an untrained, novice who was in the first instance, appointed as an interim coach.
The board in their wisdom, allowed the said person to blossom into a full time coach, in name only.

Do you allow a novice to fly a passenger aircraft or do you ensure that a fully trained professional should only be entrusted to utilise the million dollar investment?

Does a million dollar business hire a person with a calculator or an accountant to do their books?

Why is it our board have decided to differ from the norm when it comes to doing business?
Especially when the chosen one has failed for the past five years?
its not logical, its not right, it reeks of the Boys Club attitude that we seem to suffer from, hence, we fans are the ones suffering because of their lack due diligence.

Don't you think we are entitled to complain after five years of incompetence?

Best result 6/16 after 5 seasons!

Them’s the facts I’m afraid.

Just ain’t good enough

& what self respecting professional organisation with a long tradition of excellence like ours would tolerate this - let alone contemplate an extension?

Shame on you Brian Johnston

Think again, or you’re toast

Como Connection

First Grade
Spot on
Anyone that thinks Demetriou is not the real deal doesn't know what they are talking about.
He has a wealth of experience at the top level and, above all, he has results wherever he has been allowed to ply his trade.
Very savvy coach with fresh ideas and promotes a great style of attractive footy.
St. George junior and would have been a great appointment back before McGregor's first extension.
Illawarra Mafia would not allow it.
CC

Illawarra Mafia would not allow it.
CC
Exactly right
Actually Demetriou did so well that year, they (IM) were put in a very embarrassing situation especially when JD took over FG for the last game of the season when we flogged the eventual Premiers at Kogarah playing a distinctly different style of footy than the tripe we had dished up under McGregor all season..
Even so, decisions and deals had already been made so they just ignored anything positive that Demetriou had done and appointed McGregor.
Travesty.

Banjo2014

Juniors
I HAVE THE PLAN

Rabbits and Broncos swapped Coaches for 2019.

We swap Mary for Siebold TOMORROW and we throw in Latimore and Ravalawa - we cover the players contracts for the rest the year.

Lomax and a young forward move in.

Buggar just checked and Ravalawa is signed for 2020.

Come on Man!!!!!!

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Exactly right
Actually Demetriou did so well that year, they (IM) were put in a very embarrassing situation especially when JD took over FG for the last game of the season when we flogged the eventual Premiers at Kogarah playing a distinctly different style of footy than the tripe we had dished up under McGregor all season..
Even so, decisions and deals had already been made so they just ignored anything positive that Demetriou had done and appointed McGregor.
Travesty.

Travesty indeed

....and we’ve been in Sean O’Connor’s “new and exciting era” with his dullard Waterboy ever since mid 2014 FFS

And the IM have screwed our great Club at every opportunity

Last edited:

Bench
I HAVE THE PLAN

Rabbits and Broncos swapped Coaches for 2019.

We swap Mary for Siebold TOMORROW and we throw in Latimore and Ravalawa - we cover the players contracts for the rest the year.

Lomax and a young forward move in.

Buggar just checked and Ravalawa is signed for 2020.

Come on Man!!!!!!
It will be interesting to see how Broncos react to the start of this season. Siebold has not had the results that were expected of him

LINESPEED

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how Broncos react to the start of this season. Siebold has not had the results that were expected of him

Badly it would appear

You know, JD looks the right fit for us -

a great attack coach who’s won titles wherever he’s been

- maybe even coupled with AS if Walters replaces him at the Broncs

Nice combo with wide experience beyond the kind of myopic parochialism we’re currently stuck with - one a prop & one a centre & they worked together at Souffs in 2018

The next few weeks might tell a story

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/16...ou-has-what-it-takes-to-be-an-nrl-head-coach/

Last edited:
Badly it would appear

You know, JD looks the right fit for us -

a great attack coach who’s won titles wherever he’s been

- maybe even coupled with AS if Walters replaces him at the Broncs

Nice combo with wide experience beyond the kind of myopic parochialism we’re currently stuck with - one a prop & one a centre & they worked together at Souffs in 2018

The next few weeks might tell a story

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/16...ou-has-what-it-takes-to-be-an-nrl-head-coach/
Great article.
Interesting how he refers to Paul Green and Bennett as coaches he has learnt from and conspicuously omits McGregor.
Actually his record and experience significantly more than I was aware of.
If only - I reckon the fans would come back in droves.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Spot on
The fu#$@€£g mafia got their way

Crush

Coach
It’s a shame we can’t be talking about how we got the better deal & landed Madge or Bennett in the off season coaching merry go round. I doubt it will happen next off season either. I fear it will be something like ‘I can’t f**king believe our club resigned SuperCoach for another 3 years’
Yeah true but at least we know what we'll get with Mary by now. Pick and stick, power game, lame excuses, we are used to it so no surprises anymore.
Imagine the Broncos fans! They thought Seibold would make the difference no doubt. Well he has made a difference, they are much worse now!
:joy:

merahputih

Juniors

Latest posts