What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Wests Tigers Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
NRL 2019 - Round 5
Brisbane Broncos v Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Thursday 11 April 2019

TL-BRI19.png

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. David Fifita

Interchange
14. Gehamat Shibasaki
15. Jaydn Su'A
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Patrick Carrigan

Reserves
18. Payne Haas
19. Shaun Fensom
20. James Roberts
21. Richard Kennar

TL-WST19.png

1. Moses Mbye (c)
2. Mahe Fonua
3. Robert Jennings
4. Esan Marsters
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Robbie Farah
10. Alex Twal
11. Ryan Matterson
12. Luke Garner
13. Josh Aloiai

Interchange

14. Ben Matulino
15. Thomas Mikaele
16. Matt Eisenhuth
17. Michael Chee-Kam

Reserves
18. Paul Momirovski
19. Elijah Taylor
20. David Nofoaluma
21. Chris McQueen

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos have plenty to prove after two losses on the trot. Seibold has resisted the temptation of making wholesale changes, opting to only draft in debutant Patrick Carrigan. Carrigan was the Brisbane Broncos Holden Cup Captain in 2017 and led the Queensland Under-20s side to victory against NSW in 2018. Pat will tighten the Broncos middle third and is exactly the type of player the past legends have been calling for.

Don't be surprised to see Payne Haas come into the 17. He trained as a part of the team and is likely to come in for Gehamat Shibasaki. It's easy to forget, but Haas has yet to play a half of football yet. He's got tremendous raps on him and after all the drama concerning his family I hope he's able to live up to it.

It's really difficult to get a read on the Broncos. In their past two games they've rolled over for their opposition, so until they show some backbone it's tough to form any expectations.

Nerd

Bench
Different week same error ridden performance. To be honest we look better when Lodge is off the field and Flegler is on. Siebold has to do something about how disorganised our halves are and how bad Boyd is going in defense.

Wild Wilbur

Juniors
Hey, support my decision to rotate our forwards please? I am geniused like my Team Wayne’s love child Dawwwius Thboyd.

Big Pete

Referee
Different week same error ridden performance. To be honest we look better when Lodge is off the field and Flegler is on. Siebold has to do something about how disorganised our halves are and how bad Boyd is going in defense.

The concerning part of this week's performance for the Broncos is that they looked completely clueless. Against the Storm and the Dragons they made too many mistakes, but they were creating plenty of opportunities. This week it was just so pedestrian to the point where a 19 year old forward said stuff it and kicked for himself. There wasn't any team-work out there, it was just a bunch of individuals and they got beaten by the better team.

It's the worst start to the season since 2010, a year in which the Broncos failed to qualify for the finals. They haven't suffered as many ugly losses, so maybe there's hope. However, there's so many issues in the side and little in the way of alternatives it's difficult envisioning them clawing their way out of this.

gUt

Coach
Back from the Tim Minchin show, watched the replay.

We just suck, it's pretty plain.

renouf

Juniors
Players look clueless, lots of hard/fast running but very little idea of what they're actually doing. The coach is to blame for this. Seibold looks way out of his depth and I'm not sure how he even got the job? Listen to his interviews some of the things he says its like amateur hour. Only way to save things is change the spine, but at this rate Seibold won't last this season.

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
Millf is a great player, he's just not a leader. It's ok not everybody is. He whispers in interviews how do they expect him to scream a team around a park??

I would put Boyd on the wing, Milf back to fullback where he'll enjoy the open pastures, and find a Cronk / A. Reynolds type to direct the play (don;'t know anything about your reserves) . McCullough is a problem too but what can you do.