What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore

strider

Post Whore
So making more total metres can indicate we are running better but probably is more an indication we have more possession. Less penalties and errors.

I reckon the tell8ng stat is vastly more assists .... working better as a team

Gronk

Staff member
So making more total metres can indicate we are running better but probably is more an indication we have more possession. Less penalties and errors.

I reckon the tell8ng stat is vastly more assists .... working better as a team

We are getting penalised less, however not so much the other teams. Means that we must have good ruck speed and they are trying to slow us down. Prolly on the back of our 1, 2, 3 tackles each set.

Johnny88

Juniors

favicons
DAILYTELEGRAPH ›

Parramatta Eels insist player retention policy is world-class
APRIL 12, 2019Parramatta picked the eyes out of rival clubs and codes before arriving at the retention and recruitment policy that now has some questioning whether they have lost their way.

Chair Sean McElduff spoke at length with Melbourne Storm head of football Frank Ponissi. They looked at the Sydney Swans and Richmond.

They did their homework, hence the patient approach they have taken with their players and coach Brad Arthur over the opening weeks of the NRL season.

42927b9b4c02ce1a959b401eb4fae332

Parramatta have controversially held off on re-signing Clint Gutherson. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)

As the Eels prepare to table a new contract offer to Clint Gutherson next week — their hope that they can secure a deal with their captain leading into their first game at Bankwest Stadium — McElduff insists the club’s approach is in line with the process adopted by the best sporting clubs in the land.

“As part of the football review we looked at what everybody else did and we looked at what we did, and we thought we could improve,” McElduff said.

“The research that is going into new players is significant. No-one gets in the joint unless Brad and (head of football) Mark O’Neill (say okay).

ca481d8aecbaeaa2205b5300fc43947c

The Eels have researched the recruitment and retention policies of Australia’s best clubs. (AAP Image/Daniel Pockett)
“We picked the eyes out of what the best clubs do. We talked to the Storm — I talked to Frank and said tell me how you do it.

“We did have great insights into a number of AFL clubs. And we had insights into a couple of other rugby league clubs.”

The Eels’ extensive leg work hasn’t spared them from criticism, most of it has surrounded their handling of Gutherson and Arthur, the captain and coach who have been instrumental in their outstanding start to the year.

Parramatta spoke to Gutherson’s manager today and nothing would make the club happier than to make an announcement on the week they return to their home ground

“I have no concerns about what other people say,” McElduff said.

“The club is working this matter through with his manager. Sometimes people don’t agree on terms but in terms of intent, there is nothing more than we want than to have Gutho at the club.

“He is our fullback, he is our captain and what he does on the field reflects what he does off the field. I am pretty sure he wants to be at the club too.”

As for Arthur, the club has put contract talks on hold until June, although McElduff says that can and most likely will be revisited if they maintain their current form.

https://outline.com/JXqVTA

Latest posts