What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 13th April 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

handyman2190

Bench
@Handyman, having watched the Canterbury cup games, what’s your opinion on Amone and Koloamatangi, the latter seems to be really coming of age, I see he’s been playing lock, Do you know if he’s more of a prop or backrower? Can’t find much info
All the team had a very bad game all the forwards were dominated by the opposition, prior to this game Amone in particular was very powerful, kolomantagi has been very good at lock and he really can play any position in the pack a strong runner,even kennedy, if he can stop losing the ball has potential, im wondering about lucky tavale who was seen as a rising star but cant make the team.
I think all our teams needed a wakeup call

Oldmate

Juniors
All the team had a very bad game all the forwards were dominated by the opposition, prior to this game Amone in particular was very powerful, kolomantagi has been very good at lock and he really can play any position in the pack a strong runner,even kennedy, if he can stop losing the ball has potential, im wondering about lucky tavale who was seen as a rising star but cant make the team.
I think all our teams needed a wakeup call
That’s what I was thinking, our reserve pack is full of potential, even young Brock Gray in there. I know what you mean about Lucky, he had big wraps as a versatile forward with footwork when he came through junior kiwis a couple of years back. Injuries haven’t done him any favours. If he can get a year without injuries we’ll get a better idea of his ability.

callmack1

Staff member
Wayne Bennett Press Round 5: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/04/12/wayne-bennett-press-round-5/

Allan adjusting to life in the Rabbitohs backline: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/04/12/allan-adjusting-to-life-in-the-rabbitohs-backline/

Rabbitohs update 19-Man Squad for Round 5: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/04/12/rabbitohs-update-19-man-squad-for-round-5/

I'm really excited to see how the boys respond to last weeks disappointing result tomorrow, we simply cannot afford to be complacent again. Hopefully the boys will be fired up.

In saying that, I have no doubt the Warriors will be fired up too and they'll smell blood since we are looking slightly weakened. They have a really classy side in my opinion and they're on the up so we're going to have to be on song.

I've been getting shit all week from guys at work about this so I can't wait!!

English Rose

Juniors
A bit scrappy but a win is a win.

Cody and Cook excellent and RTS was brilliant in a beaten side.

Thought Tom and Tatola were very good and we seemed to lose our way a little when George and Nichols came on.

Gagai scares me in defence he gets beat easily nearly every play they run down his side.

Reynolds has another poor game tbh I counted at least 3 times he gave them 7 tackle sets.

Will need to play better against the top teams though.

assess5

Juniors
A bit scrappy but a win is a win.

Cody and Cook excellent and RTS was brilliant in a beaten side.

Thought Tom and Tatola were very good and we seemed to lose our way a little when George and Nichols came on.

Gagai scares me in defence he gets beat easily nearly every play they run down his side.

Reynolds has another poor game tbh I counted at least 3 times he gave them 7 tackle sets.

Will need to play better against the top teams though.

Warriors went the length of the field twice and scored from two of those three seven tackle sets.

Pauly1

Juniors
Gagai is a pretender, smoke and mirrors type of player.He gets paid the big bucks for what????:rolleyes:
Taking up a huge chunk of our salary cap space for nothing.
I can't recall a game, in his Souths signing, where he has made any impact whatsoever.
Piss him off, can't tackle, scared to run, he reminds me of Talanoa.

Pauly1

Juniors
Reynolds had an average game again.
Also scared to take control of the game.
Is he injured ?
Muscle up Reynolds, stop feeling sorry for yourself!

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
It's funny, isn't it - here we are sitting on four wins from five starts and complaining how poorly the team is going but imagine if you were a Warriors fan. They 100% deserved to win today and at times looked unstoppable with the ball. RTS was incredible. Only problem is, that seems to be what the Warriors do every week, every year. Win ugly or lose pretty - which would you prefer?
That said, the Souths attack has been very ordinary for four weeks now and I can't see it improving until Doueihi, Burns, a fit GI or Jimmy the Jet pulls on a jersey

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's funny, isn't it - here we are sitting on four wins from five starts and complaining how poorly the team is going but imagine if you were a Warriors fan. They 100% deserved to win today and at times looked unstoppable with the ball. RTS was incredible. Only problem is, that seems to be what the Warriors do every week, every year. Win ugly or lose pretty - which would you prefer?
That said, the Souths attack has been very ordinary for four weeks now and I can't see it improving until Doueihi, Burns, a fit GI or Jimmy the Jet pulls on a jersey
We're lucky that most of the comp is terrible.

Warriors lost Green and had Hiku filling in and a second gamer and were unlucky to not beat us.

Losing gi will have a huge effect on the team.

Latest posts