What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Other than Mary’s obvious passion for the Big Red V which needs to be put to one side , he unfortunately doesn’t have much more to offer . The man has tried his best but it just isn’t anywhere good enough . I would like him to take the team as far as possible this season , however come semi time he simply does not have the smarts to compete with the top coaches .

Last season was more a case of the players themselves putting the effort in to go as far as they did , not Mary’s coaching ability. This year is another question again and I believe that the majority of supporters can and have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time now .

If it is that obvious to the fans then it should at the very least be equally so to the knuckle heads that run the show - or so one would think .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I see Brownies Newcastle are getting smashed against Manly.

Newcastle, being a pro-active smart club have stated that he needs to be getting the results this season or he's out.

Pity our club aren't so business like.

I reckon he may be the first coach punted this season if he can't turn it around.

Brown is l'm sure, a nice guy but l've never rated him as a coach. Just hasn't got that hard edge about him.

71saintsimon

Juniors
I see Brownies Newcastle are getting smashed against Manly.

Newcastle, being a pro-active smart club have stated that he needs to be getting the results this season or he's out.

Pity our club aren't so business like.

I reckon he may be the first coach punted this season if he can't turn it around.

Brown is l'm sure, a nice guy but l've never rated him as a coach. Just hasn't got that hard edge about him.
Brown is on par with McGregor two of the worst coaches to have ever coached the dragons they are both worse then steve price because both mcidiot and brown had rosters to challenge for premiership and one never did and the current clown never wil ether on the other hand the third worst ever dragons coach steve no chin price only had a mediocre roster to work with

Warabrook saint

Juniors
huh yea ok.., i just know if we sack McGregor there is no better replacement meaning theres a good chance a wooden spoon will follow.. under mcgregor, no wooden spoon.. i know you hate him, but that is your problem, not his.. anyways keep hateing while i enjoy watching and supporting a competitive dragons team that has a chance at the big one, iv tried to show the haters the light but you guys refuse to look.. have a good weekend, ill be on the hill in kograh watching us pump the doggies... mostly thanks to mcgregor..
No wooden spoon with this roster with no coach.....which is what we have now

Warabrook saint

Juniors
No one hates McGregor. It's not personal by any stretch.
Are you seriously saying that we would be candidates for the wooden spoon if we had a different coach other than McGregor?
I mean the forum is for expressing views and opinions but that statement has no credibility.
I also agree with Grouch that there are a multitude of better coaching options than McGregor.
Many have already been overlooked to the detriment of the club..
Appointing a coach is something you plan.
Consider their qualifications. How they can improve your existing playing roster. How much and what kind of experience he has. His track record developing juniors. What sort of man manager and mentor he is.
Our Board, in their wisdom, did not go down that path to appoint McGregor.
As for following our Team.
I think we all look forward to watching the Mighty Saints strut their stuff on game day
The definition of "Competitive" is also very subjective.
For example we were very competitive last year and finished 7th.
Year before we were heralded as premiership favourites and we ended up finishing 9th.
In my eyes, competitive is challenging and maintaining a top 4 spot.
Being competitive against the likes of Melbourne and Easts is the only way we will ever get to another Grand Final.
One of the other posters, I think it was OT mentioned that we play an unattractive style of football.
Bash and Barge power game.
Competitive I suppose, but not great to watch if you are a fan.
So thanks for showing us "haters" the light but there is more to the discussion than you are prepared to consider.
Not to mention busting our players

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Who's running the team, the player or the coach?

Not only did Mary leave Sims on when seriously injured for 20 minutes, he waited till the 74th minute to send Lomax out there on the field and wait for it, to played Lomax in the middle third. To make things worse, Mary pulled a fresh Lomax off the field for the period of extra time. What a fool and more fools the management of SGI for even considering an extension for Mary.
They file in for the boardroom meetings to the dullcit tune of send in the clowns

possm

Coach
Illawarra Mafia would not allow it.
CC

It is not just the Illawarra mafia. The St George old boys have blood on their hands as well. It will take some time but eventually WIN Corp will wake up however, unfortunately it will take the loss of some considerable coin before we will see intervention from them.

A future merge between SGI and Cronulla could serve to change the dynamic with a 20m buy out of a third of the shares and maybe a change in the rules of selecting members to the SGIC Board.

possm

Coach
Other than Mary’s obvious passion for the Big Red V which needs to be put to one side , he unfortunately doesn’t have much more to offer . The man has tried his best but it just isn’t anywhere good enough . I would like him to take the team as far as possible this season , however come semi time he simply does not have the smarts to compete with the top coaches .

Last season was more a case of the players themselves putting the effort in to go as far as they did , not Mary’s coaching ability. This year is another question again and I believe that the majority of supporters can and have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time now .

If it is that obvious to the fans then it should at the very least be equally so to the knuckle heads that run the show - or so one would think .

I'd say that Mary is a very passionate person however, to me his passion revolves around himself and the gravy train he is riding as head coach of SGI. There is no way in the world he could get such a gig anywhere else.

If SGI could have secured Hasler, Bennett or Maguire as their head coach for 2019, we would be on much safer ground and half way through the season probably be with Melbourne and Easts in contention for the crown.

gitano

Juniors
I'd say that Mary is a very passionate person however, to me his passion revolves around himself and the gravy train he is riding as head coach of SGI. There is no way in the world he could get such a gig anywhere else.

If SGI could have secured Hasler, Bennett or Maguire as their head coach for 2019, we would be on much safer ground and half way through the season probably be with Melbourne and Easts in contention for the crown.
He's a fine coach.

I thought being a contender halfway through the season was a bad thing?

- Gypsy

Warabrook saint

Juniors

His belly must be almost at bursting point from gravy

Latest posts