What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Rabbitohs

Meth

Staff member
A lot to like about that game.

3- Harris
2- RTS- unreal in the first half. Not so much in the second.
1- Burr

HM-

Tevaga (his best game in a long time), Paasi, Ah Mau, Afoa, Papali'i, Harris-Tavita

Big Marn

Juniors
3 RTS 10 tackle breaks. 3 line breaks, almost 200m. a try. Earned his money again
2 Harris . almost gave him 3. close run. thing. seems to be some chemistry developing between him and CHT.
1 Tevaga - best game in a while.

HM CHT - 22 minutes to go. we had Souths under the pump. first tackle from the scrum in their 20 and he throws a forward pass. thought that was the turning point of the match. Otherwise i thought he was very good.
Kata -10000. Wish Hiku hadnt been ordinary as Beale was going well and might have had a case to get rid of Kata once and for all. Defense was not even reserve grade standard.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - Harris
2 - RTS
1 - Burr

CHT could’ve been either side but not giving him minuses because it’s a big ask getting chucked in the deep end

Benek

Juniors
3 RTS 10 tackle breaks. 3 line breaks, almost 200m. a try. Earned his money again
2 Harris . almost gave him 3. close run. thing. seems to be some chemistry developing between him and CHT.
1 Tevaga - best game in a while.

Same for me.

I hate to give Jazz points but it was his best game in ages.

Iafeta

Referee
The issue with Beale is he is an epic player plodder. Slow. No power. No real ball skills. He’s as flaccid as they come poor old Gerard.

Probably a good time to pull Charnze out of reserve grade purgatory..... oh, wait.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The issue with Beale is he is an epic player plodder. Slow. No power. No real ball skills. He’s as flaccid as they come poor old Gerard.

Probably a good time to pull Charnze out of reserve grade purgatory..... oh, wait.

I thought he was better than that today

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Beale is a baseline for me.

Won't win you a game, but won't lose you a game either.

We need to establish a better baseline in this team. None of this "good at some things but useless at others" types or the "This player does something really well so it can make up for those who don't" types.

Just establish a baseline of players who can do both sides of the ball at an adequate level or higher. Anyone else who comes in needs to reach that level AND bring something extra.

Establish the baseline and then raise it. At the moment we're just swapping strengths and weaknesses around like a slide puzzle with no idea how to solve it.

guten_targ

Juniors
I'd rate Beale a little higher than that, he has a journeyman approach, not flash just on the money, agree though that he has no real ball skill but knows how to delay a pass and draw a player...flaccid might be a tough call given the Hiku-Kata performances to date, lol

ozenzud

Juniors
At the end of the day, that was almost the best performance of the season so far. Green going down and nearly beating one of the competition front runners. Wasn't good prep. Everyone pretty much agrees with who the points,

Kata was injured it seems and thats why he looked so bad on defence. But he looks bad on defence every single week. How much time can Kearney give him? Seriously we need to spend some/all of that $750k on a quality centre...or two.

Fustitua was a little better today.

Hawks

Juniors
3 RTS
2 Burr( great signing could become the new Luck)
1 Ah Mau
I see Chayse Blair is off to UK wonder if we made enquiries would have been a great centre to grab.