What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I'm not Jacks lawyer but according to Jack's lawyer he stands to lose money through sponsorships, rep games and new contracts after the present one is finished. But I hope you and Colombo are both sitting when you read this. Maybe Jack is more worried about his reputation than the money he stands to lose. Maybe he is more than happy to engage in carnal relations with a female but is aghast at the idea of violence toward females. He can't sue for that as it's too intangible so he is suing for money. I wish him well.
Take a nap mate. A lovely little tablet and a nap.

Tried to debate this with you in civil manner. Yeah, Im sitting.

The only part I am happy to hear is that you are NOT counsel to Jack, as some of the Alex Jones conspiracy theories you have dished out would send the magistrate / judge into stitches. Sending Beattie/Greenberg to prison, a new fixed and framed betting scandal etc... LMAO.

He is charged with rape. Let see how this pans out, with both the NRL policy and the criminal charges.

For Jacks sake I hope he is not guilty. If he is, he can serve time. My support for the Club goes beyond one player.

You have a nice night now.

It remains an allegation until proven.

The DPP has the burden of proving the charge beyond reasonable doubt.

Many a guilty person walks free as a result of this principle.

TruSaint

Referee
It remains an allegation until proven.

The DPP has the burden of proving the charge beyond reasonable doubt.

Many a guilty person walks free as a result of this principle.

My point is the DPP would not have brought the serious nature of this charge to court, if they didnt believe they have a reasonable chance of conviction. Thats all.

Anyway. I will let this thread carry on, until we hear from the courts.

My point is the DPP would not have brought the serious nature of this charge to court, if they didnt believe they have a reasonable chance of conviction. Thats all.

Anyway. I will let this thread carry on, until we hear from the courts.

Tru, the DPP have received a complaint and presumably have some corroborative evidence that is yet to be tested.

They are not in a position to assess the likely result as so much of the case will depend on how each witness fares under cross examination.

They have two different stories.

Because the allegation is so serious, they are obliged to proceed to lay charges.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru, the DPP have received a complaint and presumably have some corroborative evidence that is yet to be tested.

They are not in a position to assess the likely result as so much of the case will depend on how each witness fares under cross examination.

Because the allegation is so serious, they are obliged to proceed to lay charges.

Hi mate,

I know what you are saying, but sorry, I may be wrong I don't see it that way.

Yes I agree with paragraphs 1 and 2. The veracity of the claims have yet to be tested.

That will happen in court.

However, an allegation serious or not ( most criminal charges are serious ), would not result in charges unless there was enough evidence to proceed.

The Damo

Juniors

It’s not because the allegation is serious that they are obliged to press charges. Serious allegations happen plenty without charges.
It’s because the DPP believes there is corroborating evidence, physical evidence from the alleged victims hospital stay and it matches her testimony. That all gets tested in court.
I’ve got no extra knowledge about the case than what’s been in the papers, including the magistrate saying that it appears to be a fairly strong case. Statistically it’s still more likely he gets found not guilty than guilty, but even if that happens that doesn’t mean that there wasn’t good cause to lay charges.

Old Timer

Coach
In simple terms this wouldn't be getting to court unless the DPP believed there was sufficient evidence to warrant it.
There are many hurdles for allegations to go through before a trial can be considered and as such we must / should rely on the law to do its job correctly.
Each party will get their chance to present their evidence and then the facts will be determined and an outcome achieved.
Anyone that thinks that due process has not bee done up to this point is totally misguided in how the law actually works.
All the people that have posted ridiculous propositions that false and malicious charges could be filed and players suspended to disrupt teams are even more misguided.

possm

Coach
Hi mate,

Yes I agree with paragraphs 1 and 2. The veracity of the claims have yet to be tested.

However, an allegation serious or not ( most criminal charges are serious ), would not result in charges unless there was enough evidence to proceed.

Fame is often an incentive to pursue a legal case. The DPP lawyers receive salary rather than payment from the people they are representing. What do the DPP have to lose? Imagine the fame the individuals will gain if they win.

possm

Coach
In simple terms this wouldn't be getting to court unless the DPP believed there was sufficient evidence to warrant it.
There are many hurdles for allegations to go through before a trial can be considered and as such we must / should rely on the law to do its job correctly.
Each party will get their chance to present their evidence and then the facts will be determined and an outcome achieved.
Anyone that thinks that due process has not bee done up to this point is totally misguided in how the law actually works.
All the people that have posted ridiculous propositions that false and malicious charges could be filed and players suspended to disrupt teams are even more misguided.
Life and the law is not all that simple. In the end we will all get to hear the evidence for and against.

However, the ARLC and NRL are up first and it appears to me have not acted fairly with regards to this matter. Why be so public, make decisions that SGI have the responsibility to fund and feel the effects of most.

To me a bunch of cowards who made their decision because they knew SGI management would not resist their determinations. Shame on the ARLC, NRL, SGI management and the other clubs who supported this decision. I only hope the case will be decided in De Belin's favour.

st penguin

Juniors
Fame is often an incentive to pursue a legal case. The DPP lawyers receive salary rather than payment from the people they are representing. What do the DPP have to lose? Imagine the fame the individuals will gain if they win.
I don’t agree the DPP have nothing lose.

I’ve worked a bit with the DPP and they care a lot more about these cases than most people realise.

On a selfish note, sure they might get some fame IF they win. But if they lose they also face reputational risk in legal circles. Especially if the judge is negative about the reason for pressing charges and the quality of evidence.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Hi mate,

possm

Coach

I’ve worked a bit with the DPP and they care a lot more about these cases than most people realise.

On a selfish note, sure they might get some fame IF they win. But if they lose they also face reputational risk in legal circles. Especially if the judge is negative about the reason for pressing charges and the quality of evidence.

Yes, and if they do not sometimes with bias pursue such cases, they will get no headlines at all. Yes they care a lot about these cases, This is exactly my point.

Rob Dragon

Juniors

Spot on St. Penguin. Further the DPP will have their top prosecutors(s) on this case. No rookies here. If I was on JBD's defence team I would be readying myself to face a serious prosecution team. This isn't a traffic offence and the decision to lay charges following the allegations would have included a team of very experienced judicial folk who wold have been weighing up (a) the strength of the evidence and (b) the likelihood of success.

The complainant will be very well prepared and she will know every question that the defence will ask of her. She is about to go through a very harrowing experience and it takes a strong magistrate to control the line of questioning in terms of relevance.

No winners here.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Possm, if you want fame as such in this industry you become a criminal defence barrister; you don;t work for the DPP. My experience is that they are not chasing fame BUT rest assured they care about winning.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I understand Colombo. An accused man should be punished because you have two daughters. Your premise is noted and recorded so now you can STFU.
Glenny, JBD is not accused as such; he has been charged. We have moved well beyond the accusation stage old mate.

You have posted several times on this thread (when are you going to just go away?) that any-one can now make an accusation to authorities about criminal matters without understanding that making an unsubstantiated allegation is in of itself a criminal act. You just don't get it Glenny.

Whilst I do not represent the forum members Glenny, not one of us does not support JBD's presumption of innocence. We support him getting good representation and we wish him well.

We also support the legal process and given that none of us are privy to the evidence it is best to leave the matter to those with the knowledge. As an aside Glenny, have you seen the victims medical records from the night? I haven't, but I bet the DPP have.

Everyone I have represented at trial claims innocence. Otherwise they plead to the matter early and move on quickly with their punishment. Here is another test for you Glenny. Head down to any prison this afternoon for a visit and take a cross section of the inmates and ask how many of them are innocent. There will be a strong show of hands Glenny. The prisons are 102% full of innocent folk.

Dreadful start to the forum for you Glenny. Let's hope it is up and on for you from here mate.

Dear of dear.

possm

Coach
Possm, if you want fame as such in this industry you become a criminal defence barrister; you don;t work for the DPP. My experience is that they are not chasing fame BUT rest assured they care about winning.

My eldest daughter and her husband are both top lawyers in Brisbane. We often have discussions on things legal however, I am sure they do not care about most of the cases I bring up. There are lawyers who work within the public service who then progress to private legal firms once they have become publicly known.

Glenn012

Juniors
Tried to debate this with you in civil manner. Yeah, Im sitting.

The only part I am happy to hear is that you are NOT counsel to Jack, as some of the Alex Jones conspiracy theories you have dished out would send the magistrate / judge into stitches. Sending Beattie/Greenberg to prison, a new fixed and framed betting scandal etc... LMAO.

He is charged with rape. Charged NOT alleged. Let see how this pans out, with both the NRL policy and the criminal charges.

For Jacks sake I hope he is not guilty. If he is, he can serve time. My support for the Club goes beyond one player.

You have a nice night now.
That's good.

The bar is set very low for someone to be charged with rape. Probably for the better but innocent people, specially high profile people, are sometimes the victims of unscrupulous, or straight out deranged females. If they were alone, there is evidence of intercourse and a complaint was made, the guy will be charged. The cops just don't know. His word against her word so they charge the guy and let the courts sort it out.

I don't know why you are so upset about it. Yes, if Jack is not guilty I would love Beattie and the Bullgrubs bald shit face to be punished personally for the crime of behaving above the law and suspending a man on a whim. Which is precisely as they have done. Let me remind you again in case you forgot or just don't like it. Jack de Belin is as of now an innocent man. Why are you so upset about this? Has Jack wronged you personally? Or you just don't like the rule of law?

Glenny, JBD is not accused as such; he has been charged. We have moved well beyond the accusation stage old mate.

You have posted several times on this thread (when are you going to just go away?) that any-one can now make an accusation to authorities about criminal matters without understanding that making an unsubstantiated allegation is in of itself a criminal act. You just don't get it Glenny.

Whilst I do not represent the forum members Glenny, not one of us does not support JBD's presumption of innocence. We support him getting good representation and we wish him well.

We also support the legal process and given that none of us are privy to the evidence it is best to leave the matter to those with the knowledge. As an aside Glenny, have you seen the victims medical records from the night? I haven't, but I bet the DPP have.

Everyone I have represented at trial claims innocence. Otherwise they plead to the matter early and move on quickly with their punishment. Here is another test for you Glenny. Head down to any prison this afternoon for a visit and take a cross section of the inmates and ask how many of them are innocent. There will be a strong show of hands Glenny. The prisons are 102% full of innocent folk.

Dreadful start to the forum for you Glenny. Let's hope it is up and on for you from here mate.

Dear of dear.

I got it Colombo. You made your position abundantly clear. Jack is accused of rape and you have two daughters so any punishment is perfectly justified.
FFS, you are insufferable! Jack would probably prefer to be convicted and go to jail than put up with you.

The Damo

Juniors
That's good.

The bar is set very low for someone to be charged with rape. Probably for the better but innocent people, specially high profile people, are sometimes the victims of unscrupulous, or straight out deranged females. If they were alone, there is evidence of intercourse and a complaint was made, the guy will be charged. The cops just don't know. His word against her word so they charge the guy and let the courts sort it out.
This is false. You are 100% wrong about this.
Here’s proof.
4C33DD69-74EE-4792-A8C8-B65DF27432ED.png
Now you’ve got actual facts. The vast majority allegations of sexual assault do NOT get charged. Care to change your tune?

Rob Dragon

Juniors
That's good.

I don't know why you are so upset about it. Yes, if Jack is not guilty I would love Beattie and the Bullgrubs bald shit face to be punished personally for the crime of behaving above the law and suspending a man on a whim. Which is precisely as they have done. Let me remind you again in case you forgot or just don't like it. Jack de Belin is as of now an innocent man. Why are you so upset about this? Has Jack wronged you personally? Or you just don't like the rule of law?

I got it Colombo. You made your position abundantly clear. Jack is accused of rape and you have two daughters so any punishment is perfectly justified.
FFS, you are insufferable! Jack would probably prefer to be convicted and go to jail than put up with you.
Glenny, you're wrong again old mate. JDB isn't accused of rape, he's charged with rape. Having two daughters has nothing to do with punishment. I don't seek any outcome whatsoever. Just let the law do it's job. You've married yourself closely to your cause which is you're right, but time for an afternoon nap Glenny.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors

Spot on.
The DPP just asses on the evidence on hand as they see it.
Hasn't been tested and the defence would not of revealed their hand as of yet.
Wait for the court case as of now there's only a few people that know what actually happened and even in they will have different opinions or memories of what actually happened.
As people have stated before no winners here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.