What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

ebbedfred

Bench
HOLY f**kING SHIT!!

Amanda Nunez is the GOAT Woman!!

Beat Meisha Tate, Ronda Rousey now f**king DESTROYED Cyborg!!

HOLY SHIT!!
Obviously women’s MMA doesn’t have the depth or history, but no doubt at all that she is the best ever thus far.

shiznit

Coach
They didn't even show a replay for 30mins and then showed it once.....a stoppage in a title fight....bad look
I badly wanted Gus to win like most people... but there was nothing bad about that stoppage.

And as for the replay... they only highlight the important moments... that moment was something that happens in nearly every fight when someone gets into that position.

It was nothing... the finish occurred almost in side controll... if they were gonna pull Jones up for that they would be stopping every second fight for it...

Khabib does it all the time...

Chin Music

Juniors
Boxing has faded in recent times. But Dana White....ffs. The shit he let’s go for his bros to fight is beyond me.

mozza91

Coach
Man I wanna trust jonny bones Jones so bad, but every time I allow him back in he let's me down lol..

Has he changed?
The bloke is incredible athlete and has truely amazing fight iq. He’s right up there with prime Fedor as the greatest ever.

But he’s a narcissistic, arrogant piece of shit who refuses to take any real responsibility for any of his wrong doing.

Great fighter - horrible human being.

ebbedfred

Bench
The bloke is incredible athlete and has truely amazing fight iq. He’s right up there with prime Fedor as the greatest ever.

But he’s a narcissistic, arrogant piece of shit who refuses to take any real responsibility for any of his wrong doing.

Great fighter - horrible human being.

The guy may be the greatest fighter in the history of the sport, he may hold the belt for a very long time, but IMO is so far short of being a “champion” on so many levels.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
He looks like he has crazy power... his KO’s have looked pretty vicious.

But you’re spot on... he’s hardly worth all the notoriety IMO...

But i don’t think it’s a coincidence that he’s been named to debut on the first ESPN card...

The guy seemed like he was a subject on all the ESPN shows every couple of days a few years ago...

So it probably adds extra intrigue and attention to what will probably be the early prelims.

Dana is supposed to be on First Take later this week so I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it up with him this week... I think it will probably be overshadowed by whatever Dana starts calling Oscar De La Hoya but I think Molly Qerim the host will bring it up.

Got disqualified in Round 2 for kneeing the blokes head off his shoulders while he was downed.

Safe to say the gamble didnt pay off, unless the UFC subscribe to the theory that any publicity is good publicity (which they obviously do), in which case they have potentially struck oil

ebbedfred

Bench
From the press conference Dana still loves Cody, he isn’t scared to go hell for leather and make an exciting fight. Kind of de-rails and title run any time soon though.

Did not predict Usman dominating Woodley like that but hats off too him. He’ll get Colby now and should win that.

Sounds like they want to do Lawler and Askren again even though Askren doesn’t really want it. Harsh stoppage for Lawler but I can see why Herb stopped it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I actually thought Garbrandt was going to be the new dominant fighter in the entire company before he lost to Dillashaw but jeez he has dropped the ball since.

Almost Rousey like.. I think he needs a soft kill to get his confidence back.

shiznit

Coach
First NZ UFC Champion... probably one of the best title fights I’ve ever seen...

Now for Stylebender vs Bobby Knuckles... that fight is gonna be sooooo massive... :joy::joy:

They should do it in a stadium... SFS has been knocked over... maybe Marvel Stadium or Suncorp... I’d love to see it at Eden Park... but I doubt they’d get consent.

shiznit

Coach
How f**king huge is Rob v Izzy going to be....

Also... what the f**k is Jon Jones upto?? Calling out a dude in the division below him??

What a pussy move... dude needs to move up to HW...

ebbedfred

Bench
How f**king huge is Rob v Izzy going to be....

Also... what the f**k is Jon Jones upto?? Calling out a dude in the division below him??

What a pussy move... dude needs to move up to HW...

He hammered Izzy for fighting a shorter, stumpy wrestler....someone pointed out he did the same fighting DC and Jones replied saying DC was the HW champ and one of the best to ever o it. Funny though, DC was not the HW champ when Jones fought him. The guy is a peice of shit.

Jones could beat most guys at heavy weight but wants to call out the little guy, and I'm not at all suprised.