What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2019

Storm13

Juniors
Yep.

Good action in the mid field. Le Clerc was screwed by Ferrari in this race.
They asked him to pick up his pace and he did and then suddenly he still had to let Vettel through who then held Leclerc up. Got the good old Kimi treatment. Ferrari seems to always f**k their strategy up when it comes to countering Red Bull.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes, a real shame that the normal order was restored pretty much through the field.
I thought Kvyat was hard done by getting his penalty. It seemed to me that Norris f**ked up and in trying to make amends came back on to the track when he should have yielded & accepted the consequences for going off track in the first place.
Irrespective a real fizzer of a race.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Seems Ricciardo was right about Red Bull being no where near Mercedes Hopefully by mid season the mid field is closer to Red Bull

Parra

Referee
Yes, a real shame that the normal order was restored pretty much through the field.
I thought Kvyat was hard done by getting his penalty. It seemed to me that Norris f**ked up and in trying to make amends came back on to the track when he should have yielded & accepted the consequences for going off track in the first place.
Irrespective a real fizzer of a race.

Kvyat cops blame by default. Even the commentators call him torpedo. It is disparaging. He was hard done by in his first F1 stint. Glad he is back and can do his talking on tbe track. Toro Rosso punching above their weight again.

Life's Good

Coach
Picking up on what is in the media it’s pure farce that the drain covers were not checked & sealed prior to FP1 in Baku. The fact Williams couldn’t get Russell out for FP2 shows the level of damage caused.
Amateur hour from the FIA & Baku organisers.

Life's Good

Coach
Leclerc was shaping up as clearly the fastest at Baku & he knew that he’d probably blown his chance of victory when he stuck it in the barriers.
This is a usually chaotic race so he might get the chance to make up for it(Ferrari have a sh*tload of straight line speed which should help). Considering the recent criticism, I thought Vettel turned in a pretty lifeless qualy.
I hope the Mercs don’t just disappear.

Storm13

Juniors
I really struggled to get through qualy. Ferrari are not even close. Those Barcelona tests seem an age ago. Not sure how I’ll stay awake for the race.
I'm thinking of skipping this one also and catching up on replay. Hybrid error has been a disaster with the way you couldn't develop the original engines for the original two years and add in Pirelli's and DRS among other things. Need 2021 sooner rather than later.

Life's Good

Coach
I'm thinking of skipping this one also and catching up on replay. Hybrid error has been a disaster with the way you couldn't develop the original engines for the original two years and add in Pirelli's and DRS among other things. Need 2021 sooner rather than later.
When you posted the F1 is dead comment my immediate thought was 2021. Short of a miracle, no one will beat Mercedes in the Hybrid era. Their advantage is just too great.

Storm13

Juniors
When you posted the F1 is dead comment my immediate thought was 2021. Short of a miracle, no one will beat Mercedes in the Hybrid era. Their advantage is just too great.

Still no confirmation on what the rule changes are going to be right?

Was an interview with Cyril where he seemed to not be worried about catching the front runners and more concerned with waiting to 2021.

Life's Good

Coach
Still no confirmation on what the rule changes are going to be right?

Was an interview with Cyril where he seemed to not be worried about catching the front runners and more concerned with waiting to 2021.
I hope the rule changes are announced as late as possible. That is one way to avoid one or two teams stealing a march on the others.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Yes. Hardly flag to flag excitement, worth watching the start with view to using FF for sections - you'll knock it over in 30-45 mins.

Parra

Referee
Likewise Indy 500. Always a contrast watching these two back to back. From one extreme to the other on the same night.

Latest posts