What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Manly

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 6 Dragons vs Sea Eagles
Telstra Premiership
nrl-premiership-badge.svg

Round 6 - Saturday 20th April 2019

Match: Dragons vs Sea Eagles
Kick off: 7:35pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

sea-eagles-badge.svg

away Team

Sea Eagles

Venue: WIN Stadium

Match broadcasters

• Fox League
  • LIVE PASS

Current Season
Wins this season
50%

2/4

60%

3/5

Points Scored
home St. George Illawarra Dragons

away Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Points Conceded

Completion Rate
76%

72%

Tackle Efficiency
88.6%

87.4%

Average Points Scored

Average Points Conceded

Average Play The Ball
3.47s

3.5s

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-6-dragons-v-sea-eagles/

getsmarty

Immortal

JUDICIARY

Fonua-Blake, Manu, Sironen facing charges
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:53 AM

Manly Sea Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake faces a two match-ban for his late hit on Knights halfback and kicker Mitchell Pearce.

The Tonga international was among three players charges over Saturday night's round five action.

Fonua-Blake was handed a grade one careless high-tackle charge on Pearce in Manly's 26-18 win, but will spend two weeks on the sidelines since he has carry over points from an earlier offences.

Fonua-Blake sent to sin bin for contact on Pearce

Roosters centre Joey Manu was charged with dangerous contact for his alleged crusher tackle on Sharks winger Sione Katoa in the 30-16 win at PointsBet Stadium and faces a week out.

A second Sea Eagles player, second rower Curtis Sironen, faces a careless high tackle charge against Kalyn Ponga but can play the Dragons next weekend with an early plea.

From Friday night's games, Gold Coast prop Jarrod Wallace is facing a two-match suspension for a shoulder charge in the Titans' 30-24 upset of the Panthers.

Wallace was among six players charged on a busy night after his 55th-minute shot on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

Sironen placed on report for contact on Ponga

He will be suspended for two weeks if he takes an early plea or three if found guilty.

Titans hooker Mitch Rein was charged with a dangerous throw on Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary in the 10th minute and is free to play in round six if he accepts an early plea.

Three North Queensland players were charged in their 18-12 home loss to unbeaten Melbourne - all for incidents involving Storm five-eighth Cameron Munster.

Lock Josh McGuire was slapped with a $3350 fine for contrary conduct, winger Nene Macdonald was charged with dangerous contact with the head/neck, while forward Kurt Baptiste also copped a dangerous contact charge.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/13/wallace-mcguire-among-six-players-charged/

Life's Good

Coach
We've got a great recent record vs. Manly. They go into the game without AFB who has been very good for them and without him takes their forward power back a notch or 2(dont forget no TTurbo). I think it will be an entertaining game with us getting up off the back of the combination Hunt & Norman are starting to develop.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons record against Hasler coached teams is bad. I think they lost all games against the Dogs during Hasler's tenure.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
We only beat him once while he was at the dogs.

Our record against Hasler at Manly though is almost flawless. I can only think of the one loss in his first 9 years there.

giboz71

First Grade
We've got a great recent record vs. Manly. They go into the game without AFB who has been very good for them and without him takes their forward power back a notch or 2(dont forget no TTurbo). I think it will be an entertaining game with us getting up off the back of the combination Hunt & Norman are starting to develop.

Is AFB definitely suspended??

Our forwards should run all over the top of theirs.

getsmarty

Immortal
ravalawam_1nh_0717.jpg

JUDICIARY

Ravalawa charged by Match Review Committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 15 Apr 2019, 02:03 PM

St George Illawarra winger Mikaele Ravalawa has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw following the Dragons' 40-4 win over the Bulldogs.

Ravalawa will be dealt 75 demerit points with an early guilty plea, but risks missing the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Sea Eagles if he were to fight it and lose.

The Dragons have until Tuesday to make a decision on Ravalawa's plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/15/ravalawa-charged-by-match-review-committee/

rednwhites

Juniors
ravalawam_1nh_0717.jpg

JUDICIARY

Ravalawa charged by Match Review Committee
Author
Timestamp
Mon 15 Apr 2019, 02:03 PM

St George Illawarra winger Mikaele Ravalawa has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw following the Dragons' 40-4 win over the Bulldogs.

Ravalawa will be dealt 75 demerit points with an early guilty plea, but risks missing the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Sea Eagles if he were to fight it and lose.

The Dragons have until Tuesday to make a decision on Ravalawa's plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/15/ravalawa-charged-by-match-review-committee/
Meanwhile you can eye gouge someone (as a QLDer) and not miss any game time.

getsmarty

Immortal
huntb-try-celeb_1nh_1268.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day information: Round 6 v Sea Eagles
Author
Timestamp
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:51 AM

St George Illawarra Dragons v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Saturday, April 20
WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Broadcast: Fox League

Match day sponsor: Trip-A-Deal

Gates open: 5pm
Canterbury Cup:
5:15pm
NRL kick-off:
7:35pm

Social media hashtags: #NRLDragonsManly #redv

TICKETING

Pre-purchase your tickets from Ticketmaster and save!

Stadium map - Round 6 v Sea Eagles.pdf

GENERAL INFORMATION

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Red V memberships with access to this game

• Platinum
  • Full season
  • Heartland
  • Wollongong upgrade
  • Wollongong pass
  • Three-game flexi
  • Five-game flexi
Have a question about membership or want to sign up? Visit the Red V marquees outside Gate A or inside Gate C.

Don't have access or require extra tickets? Red V members can receive a 20 per cent discount on pre-purchased tickets! Check your member card or emails for further details.

Haven't received your member card? Visit us on game day at the Gate A Red V box office window to collect a paper ticket.

Red V members receive a five per cent discount on food and beverages purchased at the game upon presentation of their member card. External vendors and alcohol excluded from this offer.

Find your name on the 2019 member wall on display inside the western concourse.

If you need to contact the membership team prior to game day: 1300 DRAGON – redv@dragons.com.au – marchwithus.com.au

MERCHANDISE

Grab the latest 2019 merchandise from the below locations on game day:

• Gate A
  • Gate C
  • Gate D..
  • Harbour Street grassed area
  • Online at dragons.com.au/
TRANSPORT INFORMATION

https://www.dragons.com.au/game-day/transport/

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/16/game-day-information-round-6-v-sea-eagles/

getsmarty

Immortal
r06_preview5_dragons-v-sea-eagles.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Sea Eagles: Round 6 preview
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 09:01 AM

After two golden point wins the Dragons let loose against the Bulldogs last weekend registering their highest score yet for 2019 with a 40-4 win.

The convincing seven tries to one victory also pushed the Dragons back into the top-eight leapfrogging the Warriors and Sharks to get there.

Full of confidence and flair they now they face another NRL club enjoying three wins on the trot in the Manly Sea Eagles.

And one of the hardest workers in Des Hasler's team is lock Jake Trbojevic, who celebrates his 100th NRL game. If Manly could turn on the fireworks for Daly Cherry-Evans in his 200th last weeked, Trbojevic would be hopeful of a similar favour.

Match: Dragons v Sea Eagles

Round 6 - Saturday 20th April

7:35pm

Home Team

Dragons

7th Position

Away Team

Sea Eagles

6th Position

Venue: WIN Stadium

Match broadcasters:

• Fox League
  • LIVE PASS
Buy Tickets
The Rundown
Key match-up
Ben Hunt is unlikely to regain the Queensland halfback jersey this year but his two line-break assists, three try assists and scoring two four-pointers himself against the Bulldogs, makes his duel with incumbent Maroons No.7 Cherry-Evans one to savour. The Manly skipper ran 145 metres as he terrorised the Knights defensive line with a line break and three tackle busts.

For the Dragons to win
Pull together the same team effort at Kogarah last week and let it loose in Wollongong this week, when the home crowd again has your back. With the glue in the Hunt-Norman partnership starting to set firm and hard, the Sea Eagles forwards will have their heads spinning trying to keep up with which way the pair will run, pass or kick.

For the Sea Eagles to win
Five-eighth Kane Elgey reproducing the form he showed against the Knights in both attack and defence only frees up Cherry-Evans to do more knowing that his five-eighth is linking nicely with the Sea Eagles backs. And Tom Trbojevic stand-in Brendan Elliott held his own in kick-return metres and under the high ball. His confidence grows as he works well with his other back-three members - wingers Jorge Taufua and Reuben Garrick.

Brett Kimmorley says
Dessie has the Brookvale faithful back on board. The big pack of forwards are ripping in and playing tough. They are finding different ways of spoiling the opposition attack and coming up with victories. For the Dragons, Paul Vaughan was in superb form last weekend. If Ben Hunt can repeat his performance of last weekend that will also be a huge help. Dragons by 8

Dragons Stat Attack
The Dragons lead the NRL in kick metres (3,273) and are second in total kicks (115) to Melbourne (116). They are fourth in tackles breaks (180) and fifth in line breaks (21).

Sea Eagles Stat Attack
Daly Cherry-Evans is the NRL's top point-scorer after five rounds (45). Jake Trbojevic led by example as usual last week with a team-high 45 tackles against Newcastle and 132 run metres.

And another thing ...
The work being done by starting No.9 Api Koroisau and his bench replacement Manase Fainu must be pleasing coach Des Hasler. The pair of hookers are nimble and energetic as they manoeuvre around tired forwards in the defensive line. Koroisau made a line break against the Knights, while Fainu had four tackle breaks against the Rabbitohs the previous week.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/16/dragons-v-sea-eagles-round-6-preview/

getsmarty

Immortal
vaughanp_1nh_0534.jpg

STATS

Vaughan thriving on extra minutes in revamped rotation
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 01:53 PM
walterbrad-head.png

St George Illawarra prop Paul Vaughan believes the extra on-field responsibility in a depleted Dragons forward pack has resulted in him playing the best football of his career.

Vaughan, who was a member of last year’s successful NSW State of Origin team, has been playing up to 62 minutes per match for St George Illawarra in the opening five rounds this season in the absence of Jack de Belin, Korbin Sims and Tyson Frizell.

In comparison, he averaged 48 minutes per match for the Dragons last season.

"I think the biggest doubt was my fitness and how I was going to go because I had a modified pre-season but it has worked out to be great," Vaughan said.

"I've been playing 60 minutes each week. We needed the forward pack to stand up and I am trying to play the best footy I can for the team. I think I am playing the best footy I have played so far so I am pretty happy about that."

With the Dragons losing momentum just before halftime in their losses to North Queensland and South Sydney, St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has changed his forward rotation so that Vaughan and English prop James Graham aren't off the field at the same time.

stat-attack---paul-vaughan_20190416.jpg

After playing the opening 20 minutes, Vaughan is given a 10-minute break before returning. He again starts after the interval and plays a further 10 minutes before having another 10-minute break and returning to finish the match.

"Mary has got me doing a rotation at the moment where I am really benefitting from playing the first 20 minutes, then 10 minutes either side of halftime and the last 20 minutes," Vaughan said.

"I am getting a rest at halftime and then I am starting again in the second half because we had a little bit of inexperience in the first couple of games and we were a little bit shaky at the start of the second half."

Since the start of the season, Vaughan’s time on the field has gradually increased from 54 minutes against the Cowboys, 56 minutes against the Rabbitohs, 61 minutes in the 25-24 round 3 defeat of the Broncos and 62 minutes in last week's 13-12 win over Newcastle.

An ankle injury prevented him from returning for his third stint in last Sunday's 40-4 defeat of Canterbury but he's confident of being fit for Saturday night’s clash with Manly at WIN Stadium and said he was enjoying the added responsibility.

"It is an opportunity and a challenge I have to put upon myself to stand up," he said. "We've got James Graham there and Blake Lawrie is going really well at the moment too."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/16/vaughan-thriving-on-extra-minutes-in-revamped-rotation/

JUDICIARY

Fonua-Blake, Manu, Sironen facing charges
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:53 AM

Manly Sea Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake faces a two match-ban for his late hit on Knights halfback and kicker Mitchell Pearce.

The Tonga international was among three players charges over Saturday night's round five action.

Fonua-Blake was handed a grade one careless high-tackle charge on Pearce in Manly's 26-18 win, but will spend two weeks on the sidelines since he has carry over points from an earlier offences.

Fonua-Blake sent to sin bin for contact on Pearce

Roosters centre Joey Manu was charged with dangerous contact for his alleged crusher tackle on Sharks winger Sione Katoa in the 30-16 win at PointsBet Stadium and faces a week out.

A second Sea Eagles player, second rower Curtis Sironen, faces a careless high tackle charge against Kalyn Ponga but can play the Dragons next weekend with an early plea.

From Friday night's games, Gold Coast prop Jarrod Wallace is facing a two-match suspension for a shoulder charge in the Titans' 30-24 upset of the Panthers.

Wallace was among six players charged on a busy night after his 55th-minute shot on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

Sironen placed on report for contact on Ponga

He will be suspended for two weeks if he takes an early plea or three if found guilty.

Titans hooker Mitch Rein was charged with a dangerous throw on Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary in the 10th minute and is free to play in round six if he accepts an early plea.

Three North Queensland players were charged in their 18-12 home loss to unbeaten Melbourne - all for incidents involving Storm five-eighth Cameron Munster.

Lock Josh McGuire was slapped with a $3350 fine for contrary conduct, winger Nene Macdonald was charged with dangerous contact with the head/neck, while forward Kurt Baptiste also copped a dangerous contact charge.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/13/wallace-mcguire-among-six-players-charged/
I saw the Fonua tackle on Pearce - what a joke.
Pearce is a protected species and it should never even have been a sin bin.
No wonder the big bloke was pissed off when he left the field.
Having said that, our chances of beating Manly have just sky rocketed.

getsmarty

Immortal
team-list_web2.png

TEAM LISTS

Brought to you by

TripADeal NRL team announcement: Round 6 v Sea Eagles
Author
Timestamp
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday, April 20.

The team remains unchanged following the Dragons' last start 40-4 win over the Bulldogs; although front-rower Lachlan Timm joins the reserves alongside Mitch Allgood, Jonus Pearson and Jai Field.

NRL squad for Round 6 v Sea Eagles

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by SMAI
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4, Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham (c) – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Dincel Construction System15. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Tosich Group
16. Jacob Host – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Mitch Allgood
19. Jai Field
20. Lachlan Timm
21. Jonus Pearson

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/16/tripadeal-nrl-team-announcement-round-6-v-sea-eagles/

Latest posts