What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac day match in Melbourne

Hawks

Juniors
Hi everyone , Im in Melbourne for the game it will be my first time to aami park .It looks like an impressive stadium is it good viewing from anywhere or can you recommend where to sit. Also is there a good bar to watch the Roosters Drags game im assuming most bars will be showing afl.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hi everyone , Im in Melbourne for the game it will be my first time to aami park .It looks like an impressive stadium is it good viewing from anywhere or can you recommend where to sit. Also is there a good bar to watch the Roosters Drags game im assuming most bars will be showing afl.

Barely a bad seat at AAMI mate, it’s a brilliant stadium. The top tiers are really steep so you still get a good view up there. Avoid the corners if you can but that’s the same as anywhere.

As for pubs a few of the pubs in Richmond reliably show NRL - the Sporting Globe or the Rising Sun both used to be sure bets when I lived in the area.

vvvrulz

Coach
Barely a bad seat at AAMI mate, it’s a brilliant stadium. The top tiers are really steep so you still get a good view up there. Avoid the corners if you can but that’s the same as anywhere.

As for pubs a few of the pubs in Richmond reliably show NRL - the Sporting Globe or the Rising Sun both used to be sure bets when I lived in the area.

Was in AAMI a couple of years ago for a Storm v Broncos match.

Walked in spontaneously and grabbed a seat without much thought; as SpaceMonkey says the top tier gives a good view and the overall atmosphere is terrific.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I think we've lost 4 in a row of these ANZAC matches (not sure about that one) but I do recall one game there for the same occasion where we got smashed 40 something.

Storm are undefeated right now but we could be the ones to hand them their first loss. That would be a corner turned for us if we do that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I flew down for that 44-0 or whatever it was hiding, haha. That said I’ve also seen us win twice at AAMI, including when we knocked the storm out to make the 2011 GF.

vvvrulz

Coach
I flew down for that 44-0 or whatever it was hiding, haha. That said I’ve also seen us win twice at AAMI, including when we knocked the storm out to make the 2011 GF.

That 2011 match was one of the all time great Warriors performances

Hawks

Juniors
Thanks guys top tiers sound like the go. Fingers crossed for a 2011 showing and not the debacle that happened last year.

Blair

Coach

Have a good one, Hawk.

But be more than prepared for a sizable chunk of Victorians that think it's the All Blacks who are in town.

You should have an AFL team too, just for good measure. I 'go' for the Saints.

Hawks

Juniors
Have a good one, Hawk.

But be more than prepared for a sizable chunk of Victorians that think it's the All Blacks who are in town.

You should have an AFL team too, just for good measure. I 'go' for the Saints.
Cheers cant wait . I actually go for the bulldogs in the afl. Partners from country victoria so i support her team and she supports mine (poor thing)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Don't go there, Space. We have to move on!

Cmon mate, it’s my memories of those classic games I was lucky enough to be at that keep me going! The first time we beat Brisbane in 2001 on a freezing night at Ericsson springs to mind, as does the semifinal rout of Canterbury at the Showgrounds when Meli scored 5 tries.

ozenzud

Juniors
I think we've lost 4 in a row of these ANZAC matches (not sure about that one) but I do recall one game there for the same occasion where we got smashed 40 something.

Storm are undefeated right now but we could be the ones to hand them their first loss. That would be a corner turned for us if we do that.

Can't work out if I love your optimism or despise your naivity

Blair

Coach
Cmon mate, it’s my memories of those classic games I was lucky enough to be at that keep me going! The first time we beat Brisbane in 2001 on a freezing night at Ericsson springs to mind, as does the semifinal rout of Canterbury at the Showgrounds when Meli scored 5 tries.

Oh yeah, they keep me going too. Particularly the ones I was at. I've been missing the vibe though. The great times have become painful in the context of what we've lost and, over the last eight years, have been trying to get back.

Last year had its moments...and I've also had a cracking vibe at NSW Cup games which, in the absence of first grade success, have kept me keen as.

My biggest fear is that we've all 'peaked' as Warriors fans. That is, those of us who've been through the good years, pre-2012.

ozenzud

Juniors
Oh yeah, they keep me going too. Particularly the ones I was at. I've been missing the vibe though. The great times have become painful in the context of what we've lost and, over the last eight years, have been trying to get back.

Last year had its moments...and I've also had a cracking vibe at NSW Cup games which, in the absence of first grade success, have kept me keen as.

My biggest fear is that we've all 'peaked' as Warriors fans. That is, those of us who've been through the good years, pre-2012.

I'm nearly over it. As I said the other day, I'm watching from habit, not enjoyment. The other thing that depresses me is the state of the local game. The lack of Warriors success contributes to that. Kids don't strive to emulate a pack of losers.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah. For a number of years we used to dominate the U20's. Have we turned that into First Grade success?
Is it the kids lack of desire? Lack of quality coaching? Lack of desire to reach the top?
I think the Warriors need to take a serious look at this.

vvvrulz

Coach
Cmon mate, it’s my memories of those classic games I was lucky enough to be at that keep me going! The first time we beat Brisbane in 2001 on a freezing night at Ericsson springs to mind.

I was there for that!

From memory Shawn Berrigan copped a falcon, and wasn't Wendall the captain?
The crowd gave it to him all night, was great.

Latest posts