What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your 15 man 2019 World cup squad + OFFICIAL SQUAD ANNOUNCED 15/4

You just know they’re going to move Khawaja to no.3 despite his huge success as an opener, just like they moved Handscomb out of the squad despite his success in the middle order.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol, Finch has decided that he won't be going anywhere

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/fcb185a9e3c0e3ec827e7450f84031d7

From the above article:

'But with Warner’s return, one of Khawaja, Warner or captain Aaron Finch is expected to drop to three in the batting order, with the skipper revealing it’s unlikely to be him.

“Davey’s record at the top is unbelievable and Uzzie’s been in great nick recently. Whichever way we go, there’s scope to mix and match that as we go through the tournament. We’ll work that out, there’s nothing set in stone right now.

“I think all three of us could (bat at No.3). I’ve probably got the least experience out of all three of us in that position in limited-overs cricket. It’s something we’ll juggle and tinker with. I think a left-right combination is probably the way we’ll go, it just depends on which left-hander (opens).”'

lockyno1

Post Whore
You just know they’re going to move Khawaja to no.3 despite his huge success as an opener, just like they moved Handscomb out of the squad despite his success in the middle order.

Rightfully so. Warner is a better opener and we need to make the most of the powerplay

jargan83

Coach
Lol, Finch has decided that he won't be going anywhere

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/fcb185a9e3c0e3ec827e7450f84031d7

From the above article:

'But with Warner’s return, one of Khawaja, Warner or captain Aaron Finch is expected to drop to three in the batting order, with the skipper revealing it’s unlikely to be him.

“Davey’s record at the top is unbelievable and Uzzie’s been in great nick recently. Whichever way we go, there’s scope to mix and match that as we go through the tournament. We’ll work that out, there’s nothing set in stone right now.

“I think all three of us could (bat at No.3). I’ve probably got the least experience out of all three of us in that position in limited-overs cricket. It’s something we’ll juggle and tinker with. I think a left-right combination is probably the way we’ll go, it just depends on which left-hander (opens).”'

Thats ok.

Finchy will probably be back in the sheds early so Khawaja will pretty much be opening the batting still.

Of the ODI side right now?

Yes. I honestly would. Best Test bat in the world, but not the best ODI bat by any stretch

Not sure anyone considers him the best ODI batsmen, or ever did.

But he’s got a good average with a decent strike rate, automatic inclusion for mine.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure anyone considers him the best ODI batsmen, or ever did.

But he’s got a good average with a decent strike rate, automatic inclusion for mine.

Not sure I suggested anyone did. Just pointing out that he's not close to the same batsman in ODI cricket he is in tests.

I'd leave him out of the world cup for a bloke in form, because he has no form. Different story of its just an ODI series in the UAE or whatever but I don't think a year out of the game is ideal preparation for the biggest tournament we have.

Wizardman

First Grade
Not sure I suggested anyone did. Just pointing out that he's not close to the same batsman in ODI cricket he is in tests.

I'd leave him out of the world cup for a bloke in form, because he has no form. Different story of its just an ODI series in the UAE or whatever but I don't think a year out of the game is ideal preparation for the biggest tournament we have.
Totally disagree....if Aust are 2 for nothing, there is not a batsman in Australia I'd want coming in more than Smith. He needs every go in those round robin matches.

Finch, Warner, Usman, Smith, Marsh, Maxwell

Wizardman

First Grade
Plus, I think his non-selection would be quite damaging to his career and the direction of Aust cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
would you leave Smith out ?

Id leave him out, but never was gonna happen. Have watched him in the IPL and he cant get going, S/R is 107, piss poor in that format for someone in the top 4

Khawaja, SMarsh and Smith isnt what we need in the top 5 batting in ODI, not all 3 of them. Both Khawaja and / or SMarsh can rebuild an innings,if early wickets fall, proven a few times this year

He is in the squad now, so up to him to shine up and not be a passenger

Latest posts