What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euan Aitken

Life's Good

Coach
Aitken and Dufty are about to go on a magical run.
I'll be VERY surprised if we aren't 4W 2L after 6 weeks and firmly in the top half of the table.
Dufty loves the weaker teams as they allow him to run.
Knights W
Dogs W
Manly W
Only negative will be Mary gets his extension on Anzac day.

This is looking good but I hope you fail miserably on the last point.

gitano

Juniors
To me Aitken is the one who is more suitable to the utility role. His best feature is his trong running and straight on bruising defence. I don't think anyone on here denies this. Aitken's problems revolve around his bad reads in defence, his poor lateral defence, his passing game and his inability to take the high ball. He is not versatile as a backline player as he can't play in the fullback, wing, five-eighth or halfback position and as a centre he cannot setup his outside or inside man.

I have no doubt he could develop into a good utility player if used in the middle of the field.
So you name almost every position in the team that Aitken can't play....and you want him as a utility.

Oh possm, never change.

Crush

Coach
It's a horrible thought isn't it?
I'm not sure if its a horrible thought or not. Its just reality. I've accepted it. He is our coach until we fail miserably.
The fact that we are recruiting so well keeps him in a job. And he doesn't completely suck. I mean he can't use a bench, constantly picks players out of position, neglects to pick young kids with talent, makes lame excuses in press conferences, pronounces "new" without the y sound like noo BUT....
the players actually seem to like him, they believe in his message, he motivates them to win.
Do I like Mary being our coach? No, not really, there are better coaches out there clearly. Do I hate him as the coach? No, not always, he has his moments.
I find the BOD more frustrating. They really are a bunch of dinosaurs. If they were more astute and driven to succeed then we would have seen the back of Mary years ago.