What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm just excited to see when it finally clicks to Jon he f**ked his auntie
tumblr_me9swkSH2s1qe1i57o6_r5_250.gif

BennyV

Referee
well, not a lot happened
Was bound to be like that.

Good reunions though. Arya and Jon, Arya and Gendry, Arya and The Hound, Jon and Sam, Sansa and Tyrion. Don’t know where Brienne is. The Bronn thing is interesting. Euron Bae-joy is the best. I don’t think it will take long to ramp up!!

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Yay a reunion show.. 7 episodes left in the whole series and they spend 41 of the 50 minutes on shit..

Honesty the show is considerably worse since they eclipsed the books..

Rewatched the entire series in prep for this and seasons 2-6 are up there with the sopranos for me as some of the best television ever. Season 7 was hit and miss mostly miss and season 8 hasn’t gotten off to a good start.. here’s hoping it improves..

greenBV4

Bench
Yay a reunion show.. 7 episodes left in the whole series and they spend 41 of the 50 minutes on shit..
Gonna make it even worse for ya, only 6 episodes this season...

I get what you mean but I don't mind "reunions", but only if done right.
Jon reuniting with Sansa was a good scene IMO, and they didn't even like each other, Jon and Arya's reunion should of been much better and emotional for them both.

beave

Coach

Good reunions though. Arya and Jon, Arya and Gendry, Arya and The Hound, Jon and Sam, Sansa and Tyrion. Don’t know where Brienne is. The Bronn thing is interesting. Euron Bae-joy is the best. I don’t think it will take long to ramp up!!

Arya and Gendry will ‘get it on’ me thinks......

mackdadday

Juniors
I dont think grey ballsless and the unsullied or Jorah would ever turn on daenerys..the others definitely.

For the most part the focus on Jon has been of his hidden heritage and how it will effect him when he finds out.
Nothing much at all has been said of Dany in this situation.
Jon finding out his life has been a lie was always going to be a little shocking but expected as he'd never heard a word about his mother.
Dany has no idea about her brothers other life and wife, and has been brought up with the "knowledge" that she is the rightful heir to the Throne.
Her finding out the truth could set up for some crazy shit.
Sam's words to Jon seem to foreshadow this.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
now that all the reunions are done and dusted, we can expect the real action to start ramping up

there is obviously going to be a dragon war at some stage with the goodies V the bad dragon fire and brimstone shit of epic proportions

Looking forward to seeing more action from Arya, or her faces at least, she is my fav character

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Best one at the end Bran and Jamie.

Apey

Staff member
Daenarys entire campaign has been built on her believing the Iron Throne is hers by birthright. She's even burned alive some notable people for disagreeing with that. Jon vs Daenarys is on the cards.

BennyV

Referee
Daenarys entire campaign has been built on her believing the Iron Throne is hers by birthright. She's even burned alive some notable people for disagreeing with that. Jon vs Daenarys is on the cards.
Yes, but there was a huge push the last 2 seasons about people getting behind her because they believe in her.
Tyrion: ‘You gave me something to believe in’
Varys: ‘I choose you’
Missandei: ‘We follow her because we believe in her’

Plus the unsullied and Dothraki loyalty has nothing to do with bloodlines!

I reckon next episode will be Dany going all ‘nah f**k off, I’m da queen’ and then Jon will do something epic during the Battle of Winterfell, which will split the allegiance of Dany’s army, including Rhaegal.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Except Jon doesn’t care about the throne (for now)

He didn’t even want to be King of the North

All he wants at the moment is to defeat the Night King, so even if he tells Dany she’s his aunt he won’t to do it to claim the throne

Interestingly, Bran kept saying Jon needs to know the truth. Bran doesn’t care about the throne either, he wants the Night King defeated as well, so how does Jon knowing about his parents help in that regard?
Perhaps Bran has seen the future and realise Dany isn’t fit to rule while Jon is the best person to rule