What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

kbw

Bench
I know one of the bulldogs that played SS for Cabra did so because of points
Houma, Kiel and Simona have all walked away because of issues with Yates.

I don't know Houma, but Kiel apparently has had a really poor attitude this year and Simona well is inconsistent and prob a SS player anyway. Maybe also the wheels are falling off over there too

imgunawin72

Juniors

I don't know Houma, but Kiel apparently has had a really poor attitude this year and Simona well is inconsistent and prob a SS player anyway. Maybe also the wheels are falling off over there too
Perhaps cabra should move chris yates on

rightleftin

Juniors

I assume that was Tony Matautia, as the Titans sent him to Tweed Heads Q Cup last year, He was one of 3 that played SS against Guildford, but others like El Zhakem, Mundine and Korosau would be no more than 4pts each.

Matautia is the 3rd player to play all 3 grades in 2019 - 2 in NSW Cup, 1 in RMC and 1 in SS.

Last edited:

imgunawin72

Juniors
I assume that was Tony Matautia, as the Titans sent him to Tweed Heads Q Cup last year, He was one of 3 that played SS against Guildford, but others like El Zhakem, Mundine and Korosau would be no more than 4pts each.

Matautia is the 3rd player to play all 3 grades in 2019 - 2 in NSW Cup, 1 in RMC and 1 in SS.
Ratu Tuisese falls into that category- playing 3 grades. The rocket scientists at penriff thought it would be good for him to play 80 min in the second row in SS. He is clearly a winger and nothing was gained by anyone by dropping him 2 grades and making play second row.

Butts74

Juniors
So where have those players gone that have left cabra ? Also who did saints put out there to play SS on the weekend to cope a toweling like that ?

rightleftin

Juniors
So where have those players gone that have left cabra ? Also who did saints put out there to play SS on the weekend to cope a toweling like that ?

They had 13 of the 17 that flogged Brothers. The major change was that Jake Maizen was dropped from RMC and Zach Ryan was promoted. Ryan actually ended up doing alright. He was smashed repeatedly in the first half but when the Guildford veterans tired later in the game he scored 1 and set up another.

And yes, Ratu Tuisese is the 4th player to play all three grades - 2 in SS, 1 in RMC and 1 in NSW Cup. In 2017 he split his time evenly between the 3 grades but was the only 1 of 6 NSW Cup players that played SS that year, to play in the GF and get a SS premiership several of the others won the NSW Cup and the national championship. I think that last year he only played NSW Cup - scored 3 tries in a televised game.

imgunawin72

Juniors
You would expect that St Marys would make quite a few changes in SS this week for the cabra match after being flogged by Guildford

imgunawin72

Juniors
I think he knows what he is doing. He also has some very good staff.
I’m sure he has a good idea about footy in general. He did lose the trust of some of the players last year when he dropped the RMC captain for the grand final qualifier so that his son could play.

kbw

Bench
I’m sure he has a good idea about footy in general. He did lose the trust of some of the players last year when he dropped the RMC captain for the grand final qualifier so that his son could play.

that was disappointing and I think probably the wrong decision. but at least his kid can play

rightleftin

Juniors
Look them up you will find them.

the strength and conditioning coaches well respected from the NSW institute of sport
His head trainer is a man with a bucket load of experience as well

Where do you look them up? - there is absolutely nothing on the Cabra website except details of all the signings of the guys that are never picked in the team.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Look them up you will find them.

the strength and conditioning coaches well respected from the NSW institute of sport
His head trainer is a man with a bucket load of experience as well

Or you could just name them?

Two of the staff who did all the work for him last year left him for Manly Harold Mathews this season.