What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Extension

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I've just asked my lawyer, Jackie what he thinks of McGregors proposed extension ...........

giphy.gif

George Dragon

Juniors
"Paul McGregor is in line to become St George Illawarra’s longest serving coach", with only 1 finals win.
Lets break down this average coaches record.
51% win record.
Apart from the finals win against Broncos the last time we beat a side in the top 8 was round 9 2016. Since then we have played 22 games 11 wins 11 losses.
In Mary first full year as coach our record after 22 games was 11 wins 11 losses.
So for 18 months he has the side he wanted, better players, more experience and the same results.

Gareth67

First Grade
I jost canna believe it ! Only at the joint venture could they reach a decision like this and as Willow has said , at this early - early stage of the new season . The gentlemen ( for lack of a better word ) of the board should themselves be held accountable should the Dragons not make the semis and also go at least one step further than they did last year.

If they do not get into the final 8 then the entire board should say farewell and retire to noddy land , where they will not be called upon to use any more of their precious grey matter . In other words fall on their swords and leave the running of the Dragons to far more qualified group of savy minded and progressive group of businessmen who demand success.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
The board are penis craniums, if they think we will win a premiership with him they are seriously deluded, further if this extension doesn’t have a performance clause to say you must finish in the top 4 this year for this to be effective the club is beyond help. As stated above what’s the hurry, who else wants him?

Dragon for life

Juniors
Is fhere not something we can do??

WTF has to happen to get the people in charge to open their f ing eyes and realise that this muppet can’t coach! It’s totally embarrassing. What must other teams and supporters be thinking about these decisions. Pissing themselves laughing.

hazzbeen

Bench
Is fhere not something we can do??

WTF has to happen to get the people in charge to open their f ing eyes and realise that this muppet can’t coach! It’s totally embarrassing. What must other teams and supporters be thinking about these decisions. Pissing themselves laughing.
Goes to show that the boys Club is stronger than ever ,and Mary has a life membership .Doust got out knowing nothing would change, so he didnt have to be accountable again......

hazzbeen

Bench
Totally unprofessional decision once again from the board. Like others I can’t see the rush in signing him unless the board wants to do it before the wheels fall off. Looks like I won’t be a member for another 2 years. So our coaching staff will be L plate & Barrett :weary::weary::weary:
Notice they always wait till we have a good win , to make a move ...... wont win anything with this lot ......

Latest posts