What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The question not Marshal/Reynolds? it’s Marshal/Brooks?

simmo05

Bench
Pretty much this, Benjis days are over in NRL me thinks. Reynolds form the last 2 week's I'd say has padlocked himself as our no 6 for atleast this year unless injured
The fapping over benji and the constant bagging of reynolds in here has been baffling to say the least. Now benji can fulfill the role he was signed for, fill in for injuries, and mentoring younguns

super_coach

First Grade
If Benji is in the final 17, without replacing a injury we don’t know about..I will demand a royal commission. At present both Reynolds and Brooks are streets in front of him and the last thing we need is a half on the bench

Vic Mackey

Referee
Benji will play this week...11 day turnaround ...like I say the coach loves him ..I havn’t got a prediction wrong yet ...except for the score

Sadly I think this is the case too. I don’t think Madge rates Reynolds. I also feel he may play him in nsw Cup to encourage him to move on. I have no info saying this, just a feeling from listening to him talk about them both. If Benjis fit I expect him to be back in the 6

WA Tiger

Bench
Not saying that Brooks played horrible but all this talk that Brooks played awesome last night for mind is crazy. I still say he still lacks energy and puts up for too many nothing bombs that put no pressure on the other team. Let's face it we were extremely lucky with that try to Cheekam. Not many other teams stuff up that bad that he scores. I still say that if Bird catches the ball we lose the game.
Just watched replay and your right Brooks did put up maybe a few too many nothing bombs —well seen, but at least and this is a biggy for me at least the opposition had to start again from their tryline and with 6 tackles and not 7 to play with...Moses took a few crucial catches under pressure and I think he’s quietly running the show behind the scenes ..also as we’ve said several played well for man of the match but I think no one overall played dominantly enough to overhaul Chee-Kam. He did what I think no one else could have done with that try and with the try assist previous and no mistakes, if I had to choose Id give it to him..

WA Tiger

Bench
Sadly I think this is the case too. I don’t think Madge rates Reynolds. I also feel he may play him in nsw Cup to encourage him to move on. I have no info saying this, just a feeling from listening to him talk about them both. If Benjis fit I expect him to be back in the 6
One of them will likely cop an injury by end of the year. Madge knows that.Hes happy having two good options. But how’s he gonna play it this week - god knows. I’ve got them neck and neck in Madge’s mind.I think he may ask Brooks who he prefers. Iether way Reynolds ain’t walking away from $900k a year. Have u seen his car.It looks like a Rolls Royce.

WA Tiger

Bench
If Benji can stay away from the gym and just do sprint type training so his bulked up hammies regain some flexibility and not break down everytime he sprints he could slot into a centre position, he defends well these days and certainly knows how to set up his outside men.
That’s the thing Reynolds has nailed all his 5th tackle option kicks going for a repeat set or try... which can’t be said of Benji and Brooks BUT no one sees or can create the extra man like Benji

Front-Rower

First Grade

If Marshall plays it says one of two things;

1) Marketing dictate who plays
2) the coach has no idea

I’m leaning (in good faith of the coach) towards number 1

WA Tiger

Bench
I know a lot of you can’t stand him but replay the tries and you’ll see that just the smallest things he does like looking straight ahead when passing or looking like he’s moving away from where his pass is going holds up a tackler leaving a one on one which is good if it’s a big guy on small guy or even an extra man if he sucks in 2 tacklers. And he does it every time.For Benji it’s never just about passing the ball.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I know a lot of you can’t stand him but replay the tries and you’ll see that just the smallest things he does like looking straight ahead when passing or looking like he’s moving away from where his pass is going holds up a tackler leaving a one on one which is good if it’s a big guy on small guy or even an extra man if he sucks in 2 tacklers. And he does it every time.For Benji it’s never just about passing the ball.

The bloke was done at the end of 2012. Stop believing the hype. 2005 was a long time ago.

WA Tiger

Bench
At least they bother lost a game each..bulldogs /panthers ...how about half a game each yes I’d be happy with that

Das Hassler

Bench
If Marshall plays it says one of two things;

1) Marketing dictate who plays
2) the coach has no idea

I’m leaning (in good faith of the coach) towards number 1

2 is not an option and as for 1..Reynolds is as much a feelgood story for a lot of people right now as Benj

Personally i'd be most happy if Jennings were rested with Benji taking his spot for this game..he's certainly no slower and would spread the defensive nervousness around a bit for the eels

WA Tiger

Bench
I can see Naufalauma back on the wing as soon as he is right and Fanua back at centre where he’s better coz of his offliad

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can see Naufalauma back on the wing as soon as he is right and Fanua back at centre where he’s better coz of his offliad

That’s my ideal team too. Fonua has said he thinks his best position is center. That way his weight isn’t an issue. Some people have given up on Nofa but I still feel he can add a lot to the side.

The unknown

Juniors
I'm apart of a FB WT supporter group and it's scary how out of touch some of the supporters are on there. Most still believe Marshall is streets ahead of Reynolds

This comment in particular - "reynolds is not in the same class as marshall marahall is in the twighlight of his career and rwynolds is an overpaid marque player ... reynolds will never reach the heighys of benji marshall ever."

Most people agreed with him also.

Latest posts