What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Parramatta v Canberra LIVE GAME DAY thread April 14th 2019

JokerEel

First Grade
They were professional,I'll give them that.

Conversely, though - our defense was absolutely unreal.

To give a team that much ball, in that sort of territory, and only concede 19 points, is pretty special, imo.

Our Defense was good but gee Canberra have 0 in attack..

TheParraboy

Staff member
This match was similar in the first 20-25 min to the dogs game

Despite dogs having all the ball we continually repelled them despite them scoring 2 tries
Once we scored we rose a leg, got in a groove and blew them over

That non forward pass try not given would have deflated Canberra and we would have been ahead 6-0 with a serious momentum shift

It is what it is, hope we regroup and continue our solid defence, it will win more games than lose if we get our share of 50/50 calls and the odd bit of luck...

Gazzamatta

Coach
This match was similar in the first 20-25 min to the dogs game

Despite dogs having all the ball we continually repelled them despite them scoring 2 tries
Once we scored we rose a leg, got in a groove and blew them over

That non forward pass try not given would have deflated Canberra and we would have been ahead 6-0 with a serious momentum shift

It is what it is, hope we regroup and continue our solid defence, it will win more games than lose if we get our share of 50/50 calls and the odd bit of luck...
No doubt but good sides deal with adversity far better which is exactly what BA keeps saying. Our game V The Chooks we were very much the stronger team yet The Chooks hung in and ran over the top of us. Hopefully that attitude develops in our Eels for the entire 80.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Our Defense was good but gee Canberra have 0 in attack..

I think it appeared that way because of our defence.

Unfortunately, we were too tired, and kept making too many errors, to make a game of it.

But Canberra was made to look average by our stoic defense imo.

Gazzamatta

Coach
All this talk of clubs chasing James Roberts. Are they crazy. 500k plus. Makes Guthos 700k sound reasonable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
When we beat the Raiders in Canberra and the Cows in Titsville in the same season then I will agree with you.

Tbh, I will contend that we were blatantly robbed in Canberra on Sunday night.

After repelling attack, after attack, after attack, after attack, we score what should have been one of the tries of the season, but Perenara [predictably] robbed us.

I think, at that juncture in the game, that that try would have seen us spurred on. We were an absolute rock in defense, and I truly believe that try would have opened the flood gates, as it were.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure how anyone could say we were the stronger side against the Roosters.

They were clearly the much fitter, more well-drilled side. They looked like the premiers they are, when they were challenged they rode it out, didn't panic, and allowed their superior ability and most importantly big-game fitness to tell at the back of the game.

We looked like upstarts trying to dethrone the king. High energy, but pretty headless at times, not really adjusting to the game situation and not match fit enough to stay in the contest at that level with the big boys.

But old mate has me ignored I think, so whatever

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure how anyone could say we were the stronger side against the Roosters.

They were clearly the much fitter, more well-drilled side. They looked like the premiers they are, when they were challenged they rode it out, didn't panic, and allowed their superior ability and most importantly big-game fitness to tell at the back of the game.

We looked like upstarts trying to dethrone the king. High energy, but pretty headless at times, not really adjusting to the game situation and not match fit enough to stay in the contest at that level with the big boys.

But old mate has me ignored I think, so whatever

Roosters were the better side. I totally agree. Too fit, too strong, too fast, too composed.

But I'm very impressed at how we took it to them.

Latest posts