What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Reed Mahoney Appreciation Thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
Skynet is a fictional artificial neural network-based conscious group mind and artificial general intelligence system that features centrally in the Terminator franchise and serves as the franchise's true main antagonist.

Gronk

Staff member
Love Reedy. I'm a bit worried about burnout on his young body. Do we keep the foot on the 80min pedal or plan to give him a break ? Maybe when Dylan comes back Salmon can sub for him ?

hybrideel

Bench
Didn't he get subbed out near the end of the game last night? I noticed Guth playing a fair bit of dummy half in the last 10 and throwing some awful passes

JokerEel

First Grade
Love Reedy. I'm a bit worried about burnout on his young body. Do we keep the foot on the 80min pedal or plan to give him a break ? Maybe when Dylan comes back Salmon can sub for him ?

He did a lot in defence last night, not much at all in attach.

If our halves took more control we may have been able to stay in the game..

Gronk

Staff member
He did a lot in defence last night, not much at all in attach.

We had a 50% completion rate. Nobody could really get settled into a rhythm.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Not so sure, in the first half after getting some decent field position, Paulo gave the ball away twice. Evans also threw a stupid offload in the first half after we finally got some ball. Additionally we should have got 2 drop outs from our halves if we chased harder.

Then early in the second half when we finally started completing a set or 2 Alvaro threw a stupid off load in their half.

That’s 6 times we could have had an opportunity to score some points which we killed with errors and nothing to do with our halves.

eel01s

Bench
Huge fan of Reed. He sure knows how to hit much bigger players. Puts in some good kicks too.

Djay

Juniors
His going along very well, good service,, gets through a mountain of work and can kick.

Has a bright future.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Great technique in defence, get's his shoulder in under and up, good timing in his hit, and knows when to lay off and legs tackle.

He will play a f**k load of games.

Avenger

Immortal
In a losing side v Newcastle, he made 69 tackles with a 92% efficiency rate. He is a bolter for the QLD SOO side.

Become one of my favourite players.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not trying to knock him but i still think its asking too much of a virtual rookie to be making 50+ tackles on a weekly basis

100%. He made 67 or something today.

Pearce's try was a result, in huge part, of Mahoney being utterly gassed. Same thing happened in Canberra IIRC. He's fine as an 80 minute player when we're on top but he gets severely fatigued when we aren't, as you'd expect at his age.

We need to identify a few weeks where we can give McIlwrick or someone 30 mins at hooker and just start spelling Mahoney every so often IMO

Not trying to knock him but i still think its asking too much of a virtual rookie to be making 50+ tackles on a weekly basis
You do realise that every opposition forward, every week, will be running at him for the rest of his career. Would you prefer he holds the door open for them

Latest posts