What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Federal Election

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not really into politics but I thought it might be better if we discuss it here rather than clogging up other threads.

And as @Bazal said Billy boy Shorten is locked in the closet and if he stays there I reckon its labour's best chance at winning the election.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant believe anyone voted for this idiot, how did he ever become a senator ?

upload_2019-4-18_19-22-23.jpeg

Bazal

Post Whore
I cant believe anyone voted for this idiot, how did he ever become a senator ?

View attachment 29145

Because of people like this

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Make sure you get out and vote everyone. Unless you're an irresponsible piece of shit who only votes because you're forced to by law.

Bazal

Post Whore
Make sure you get out and vote everyone. Unless you're an irresponsible piece of shit who only votes because you're forced to by law.

What about irresponsible pieces of shit who are planning to vote solely for the party that will make their own lives easier because both options are appalling?

Wait, that's just politics isn't it...?

Gronk

Staff member
I think the election will be a tighter than expected.

#fakenews.
If the News Polls are fake news, then that's interesting as they are published by NewsCorp Murdoch is going hard in every newspaper against labor. They were even handing the Tele out for free this morning in Warringah.

"Closer than expected" means SFA if ScoMo can't form a government.

I wonder if they need the support of the cross bench, who they will support ?

Chipmunk

Coach
If the News Polls are fake news, then that's interesting as they are published by NewsCorp Murdoch is going hard in every newspaper against labor. They were even handing the Tele out for free this morning in Warringah.

"Closer than expected" means SFA if ScoMo can't form a government.

I wonder if they need the support of the cross bench, who they will support ?

Bandt and Wilkie will support Labor, Katter will support Liberal/National, Sharkie most probably Liberal/National. You'd hope Oakeshot will have learnt his lesson and work out supporting Labor in a previously held National Party seat is a career limiting decision, you'd expect any potential Shooters and Fishers to probably take into consideration the same thing. I'd expect Indi to revert back to Coalition, same probably with Wentworth.

Gronk

Staff member
Bandt and Wilkie will support Labor, Katter will support Liberal/National, Sharkie most probably Liberal/National. You'd hope Oakeshot will have learnt his lesson and work out supporting Labor in a previously held National Party seat is a career limiting decision, you'd expect any potential Shooters and Fishers to probably take into consideration the same thing. I'd expect Indi to revert back to Coalition, same probably with Wentworth.
Yet then we had the Migration Amendment (Urgent Medical Treatment) Bill [aka Medivac] which was supported the cross bench, much to the dispair of ScoMo and Dutton.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yet then we had the Migration Amendment (Urgent Medical Treatment) Bill [aka Medivac] which was supported the cross bench, much to the dispair of ScoMo and Dutton.

Well Independents are free to vote for what they like on any given legislation. Hence why they're called Independents I guess. On the opposite side of the scale, Labor would never vote for the Coalition to form Government, but they vote with them plenty of times on various legislation.

I was referring to who they would choose to form a Government only, which is what I thought the premise of your question was.