What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roy Masters article on International Board Restructure

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Murdoch using his power to save his Fox Network. A rule should be passed stating no connection to News Ltd as they have done with no commissioners with an attachment to the ARL/Super League etc.

Stallion

First Grade
The sport has no hope. The NRL and ARLC just simply never want to see a Kangaroos v NZ/England/Tonga/France etc or a WC to ever ever gain precedence over Origin..

It's disgraceful and disturbing. I get the feeling there is an enemy from within and they are making sure this code does not grow.

adamkungl

Immortal
The NRL is, with very little exaggeration, an enemy of international rugby league.

Denver sabotage.
Kangaroos no shows.
Refusing to vote on necessary reforms.

No or negative input, except when it suits them to trash the calendar and reshape it just to suit their bottom line.

And then people sook because an English player wins the international player of the year award!

Stallion

First Grade
The NRL is, with very little exaggeration, an enemy of international rugby league.

Denver sabotage.
Kangaroos no shows.
Refusing to vote on necessary reforms.

No or negative input, except when it suits them to trash the calendar and reshape it just to suit their bottom line.

And then people sook because an English player wins the international player of the year award!

Agreed. I believe their is a deliberate agenda to constrain and contain the international relevance of rugby-league. There are a number of examples to show that this is the case: Recently: poor marketing and scheduling of the 2017 World cup , no Lions v Kangaroos test in Australia during a Southern Hemisphere Lions tour, no FTA tv coverage of the innaugural World Nines tournament to be played in Sydney two weeks after the NRL grandfinal and little promotion of any impending rugby league internationals that have been scheduled. Just a few examples. There are more.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I don't like the narrative that is emerging even at the RLIF that the clubs are the revenue raisers and that they produce the players etc....

Sure, they do raise the bulk of the revenue but international rugby league could also if given a solid calendar and an investment of time in meaningful tournaments.

The clubs can, I suppose claim to provide the players, but in reality, they provide them at the professional level. Before that the game has spent $$$ on marketing the game to be attractive for kids to play, created and nurtured pathways so that the talent can move through the systems and be easily identified and attracted by the clubs.

There is too much emphasis being placed on the importance of the clubs. The NGB's run the sport in each individual country and the NGB's should be pushing the importance of their national team and the international game.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
If someone stepped up to regularly beat the Kangaroos, ideally several teams, then the ARLC would pay a little more attention I think,

Stallion

First Grade
If someone stepped up to regularly beat the Kangaroos, ideally several teams, then the ARLC would pay a little more attention I think,

The English if given the opportunity could very well have done so. There are plenty of quality players from England starring in the NRL. Canberra has 4 of them. With Wayne Bennett coaching after a close World cup final 2017 contest it would have been a surefire sellout and tv success in Australia. It is shear lunacy that the touring Lions are not playing the Kangaroos this year.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The English if given the opportunity could very well have done so. There are plenty of quality players from England starring in the NRL. Canberra has 4 of them. With Wayne Bennett coaching after a close World cup final 2017 contest it would have been a surefire sellout and tv success in Australia. It is shear lunacy that the touring Lions are not playing the Kangaroos this year.

Wow aren’t they playing the Kangaroos? Wasn’t aware of that. You should mention it more often.

Also it’s spelt ‘sheer’ - tell us more about that master’s degree that you have - lol

Stallion

First Grade
Wow aren’t they playing the Kangaroos? Wasn’t aware of that. You should mention it more often.

Also it’s spelt ‘sheer’ - tell us more about that master’s degree that you have - lol

I don't do spell check all the time but understand your narcissistic tone. It can be consistent at times . We all have our faults.

Last edited: